Common Admission Test (CAT)
Oliveboard provides CAT aspirants an adaptive platform to improve faster in their CAT preparation cycle. Oliveboard users can prepare for CAT online and get access to high quality videos lessons, mock tests, and improvement plan that recognizes your weak areas and personalizes practice test questions accordingly.
You can either spend hours looking for and studying all the CAT material you can get your hands on or let Oliveboard recommend lessons and tests where you need to spend time to get your desired result. Oliveboard helps you Study smarter and Improve faster.
The Common Admission Test (CAT) is India's premier MBA entrance exam for admission into the 13 Indian Institutes of Managements. The CAT exam is conducted by the IIMs in a Computer Based Test (CBT) format once every year between October and November. Over 2 lakh candidates write the test from all over India. Apart from the IIMs, a number of other Indian institutes also consider CAT scores for admission.
The IIMs have never defined a syllabus for CAT but since it has always been an aptitutude test, the following is a good guide for the CAT syllabus.
- Quantitative ability
- Number Systems, HCF/LCM, Averages, Percentages, Profit & Loss, Simple/compound Interest, Equations, Inequalities, Complex numbers, Functions, Probability, Permutation & Combination, Mensuration, Geometry, Co-ordinate Geometry, Trigonometry, Mixtures, Set Theory, Speed & Distance, Work & Time, Progressions, Surds & Indices, Logarithms, Ratio & Proportion.
- Data Interpretation
- Data tables, Pie Charts, Lines, Columns, Bar graphs, Other Chart types, Data Sufficiency.
- Verbal Ability
- Reading Comprehension, Parajumbles, Cloze Test, Fill in the blanks, Vocabulary based, English Grammar, Sentence Correction, Analogies, Meaning-Usage match, Verbal/critical reasoning, Facts/Inference/Judgment.
- Logical reasoning
- Cubes & Dice, Blood Relations, Number & Letter Series, Seating Arrangement, Venn Diagrams, Clocks & Calendars, Analytical Reasoning, Syllogism.
CAT is a computer-based test (CBT). A candidate reads the questions on a computer terminal and chooses an answer by clicking on the correct option. Click here to launch the free CAT test.
- CAT Test Dates : October 16, 2013 to November 11, 2013
- Type : Multiple - choice
- Number of Sections : 2
|Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation||30||90|
|Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning.||30||90|
Duration of exam : 70 minutes | 3 marks allotted for every correct answer
*For each wrong answer 1 mark is deducted
Note: One cannot move onto Section 2 until the allocated 70 minutes for Section 1 has run out. You cannot revisit Section 1 after moving to Section 2.
Oliveboard is a great resource with mocks that test a variety of concepts. I used both the CAT and CMAT mocks . The personalized practice section is really useful and allows you to improve on your weak areas. Also the option of dividing a mock into four parts is great when you can't carve out 2-3 hrs at a stretch.
CMAT Score 322
I was very pleased with the mock test interface Oliveboard offered me in preparation of CMAT. It helped me a great deal in analyzing my weaknesses and strengthening my strong concepts. A must for every aspirant. Great job Oliveboard!!!!
I did not want to join a coaching institute as I had a full-time job. Oliveboard was referred by a friend and i used it for CAT & CMAT. It had everything I needed for my preparation including videos and mock tests. Loved the interface and the reports plus the personalized practice.
CAT 98 percentile
It is a wonderful platform. I especially liked the pattern where student can take part-tests. It's all one can ask for.
Oliveboard was absolutely superb. It gives real time experience of the actual CAT exam. It is very useful.
Going through Mock CMAT and in depth analysis on Oliveboard was really helpful. Taking mock tests on Oliveboard will certainly reduce Internet test phobia of students!
Oliveboard helped me in many ways. Provided real CAT experience and the question bank is supreme.