You ask us many questions in social media and our discussion forum and we do ensure to clear your doubts at the shortest possible time. For your convenience, we bring to you a compilation of answers to top IBPS Exam doubts that you have shared in different platforms. Hope this helps and if you want us to answer any other question, go ahead and publish your question in our discussion forum.
IBPS Exam Doubts – PO
- What are the syllabus/topics for IBPS PO in each section?
IBPS PO 2017 Prelims Syllabus
|English Language||Quantitative Ability||Reasoning|
|Reading Comprehension||Simplification||Logical Reasoning|
|Cloze Test||Profit & Loss||Alphanumeric Series|
|Para jumbles||Mixtures & Allegations||Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test|
|Miscellaneous||Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Data Sufficiency|
|Fill in the blanks||Work & Time||Coded Inequalities|
|Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting||Time & Distance||Seating Arrangement|
|Paragraph Completion||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Puzzle|
|Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||Syllogism|
|Number Systems||Blood Relations|
|Sequence & Series||Input Output|
|Permutation, Combination &Probability||Coding Decoding|
IBPS PO 2017 Mains Syllabus
|Quantitative Aptitude||General Awareness||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||English Language|
|Simplification||Financial Awareness||Verbal Reasoning||Internet||Reading Comprehension|
|Percentage||General Knowledge||Circular Seating Arrangement||Keyboard Shortcuts||Grammar|
|Ratio and Percentage||Linear Seating Arrangement||Computer Abbreviation||Verbal Ability|
|Data Interpretation||Double Line-up||Microsoft Office|
|Mensuration and Geometry||Scheduling||Computer Hardware|
|Quadratic Equation||Input Output||Computer Software|
|Interest||Blood Relations||Operating System|
|Problems of Ages||Directions and Distances||Networking|
|Profit and Loss||Ordering and Ranking||Computer Fundamentals /Terminologies|
|Number Series||Data Sufficiency|
|Speed, Distance and Time||Coding and Decoding|
|Time and Work||Code Inequalities|
|Permutation and Combination|
|Mixture and Allegations|
- How to crack IBPS PO exam?
Here are few tips to crack the IBPS PO exam:
- Build a schedule and stick to your study plan
- Follow the exam pattern and prepare accordingly
- Practice mock tests and analyse your score
- Pay more attention to weaker section
- Prepare study notes to brush up on your move
- Stay healthy and focused
Watch this live session by Shilpi Kanchan who cleared IBPS PO exam on 2016; she shares her strategy and exam tips.
- How to get high score in IBPS PO Prelims for Math?
Here are few tips to get high score in IBPS quant section:
- Learn tables, squares and cubes
- Learn shortcuts of topics like percentages, profit and loss
- Attempt as many mock tests as you can. The more questions you solve, the more accurate you will become. Besides, your speed will also improve
- Maintain notes of important formulas and keep revisiting the same
- Start with the simpler questions so that you can answer more
You can download this IBPS Quant ebook for reference.
IBPS Exam Doubts – RRB
- What is the syllabus for IBPS RRB 2017 exam?
(Reading Comprehension, Cloze Test, Paragraph Complete/ Sentence Rearrangement, Para jumbles, Miscellaneous, Fill in the blanks, Multiple Meaning / Error Spotting)
(Seating Arrangement, Logical Reasoning, Tabulation, Puzzle, Coded Inequalities, Coding Decoding, Blood Relations, Syllogism, Input Output, Alphanumeric Series, Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test, Data Sufficiency)
(Data Interpretation, Permutation, Combination & Probability, Sequence & Series, Simplification, Number Systems, Ratio & Proportion, Percentage & Averages, Profit & Loss, Work & Time, Time & Distance, Mixtures & Allegations, Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices, Sequence & Series)
(Current Affairs, Banking Awareness – Indian Financial System, History of Indian Banking Industry – Structure of Indian Banking, Regulatory Bodies, Budget Basics and Current Union Budget, International Organisations/ Financial Institutions, Indian Constitution, BASEL, Micro Finance, Base Rate, Negotiable Instruments, Credit Rating Agencies, Financial Inclusions, Teaser Rates, GAAR, Priority Sector Lending and all other relevant concepts.)
[The Internet – Concept, History, working environment, Application, History of Computers, Hardware, Software, Database Management System (DBMS), Communication (Basic Introduction), Operating System, Security Tools, Virus, Hacker, Number System, Security Tools, Virus, Hacker, MS Windows & MS Office, Networking (LAN, WAN)]
- Is IBPS RRB exam bilingual?
All the sections except Hindi and English language sections are offered in two languages – Hindi and English.
- Will there be an interview in IBPS RRB selection process?
There will be an interview for the posts of Officer Scale – 1, 2 and 3. However, there is no interview for post Office Assistant. Candidates applying for Office Assistant post will be provisionally allotted on basis of marks obtained in the main exam and the vacancies.
Read more IBPS RRB FAQs.
IBPS Exam Doubts – Clerk
- What is the syllabus for IBPS clerk 2017 exam?
(Vocabulary, Grammar, Reading Comprehension)
(Analogy, Statements and Assumption, Syllogism, Coding and Decoding, Blood Relations, Direction Sense Test, Series Test, Miscellaneous Test)
(Ratio and Proportion, Time, distance and speed; Time and work, Mixture and Allegations, Averages, Stocks and Shares, Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Clocks, Volume and Surface Area, Logarithms, Permutation and Combination, Partnerships, Height and Distances, Probability, Simple Interest and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Trigonometry, Algebra, Data Interpretation, Charts, Bar and Graphs)
(Current Affairs, Indian Financial System, Indian Banking System, Monetary Plans, Introduction to National Institutions, Banking Terms)
(Basic of Hardware and Software, Windows Operating System, Internet Terms, Microsoft –Office, History of Computers, Networking and Communication, Database Basics, Basics of Hacking, Security Tools and Viruses)
- Can one candidate apply from two states for IBPS clerk exam?
No, one candidate cannot apply from two states. Read more IBPS clerk exam FAQs.
- Is there an interview in the IBPS clerk exam?
No, there is no interview in the IBPS clerk selection process. There is prelims exam, mains exam and provisional allotment.
Read the entire IBPS clerk 2017 notification details.
- What is the IBPS clerk test series price?
IBPS clerk mock tests start from Rs. 399 only at Oliveboard. Explore available IBPS clerk mock tests series and start preparing today.
- Do you have mock tests in Hindi language?
Yes, we have mock tests in Hindi language for IBPS PO, RRB and Clerk. Try out free mock tests now.
- Can I get one comprehensive mock test package for IBPS PO, RRB and Clerk?
Yes, we offer a complete IBPS PO, RRB and Clerk mock test series. This package includes the below:
- Includes 200+ tests
- Access to all Oliveboard Concept Videos
- Lessons on All Topics
- 35+ Topic Tests
- Sectional Tests
- New Pattern English Test Series
- 20 Mocks for IBPS PO Prelims & 10 for Mains
- 20 Mocks for IBPS Clerk Prelims & 10 for Mains
- 20 Mocks for IBPS RRB Scale 1 Officer Prelims & 10 for mains
- 20 Mocks for IBPS RRB Assistant Prelims & 10 for mains
- GK Supplement with 2500 questions.
Buy this package and ace your exam preparation.
- Are the mock tests available in new pattern?
Yes, mock tests are designed in the new pattern.
- Do I need to login through desktop/laptop to avail the mock tests?
You can either use desktop/laptop or Oliveboard mobile app to avail the mock tests.
- Do the mock tests cover the entire syllabus?
Yes, the mock tests cover the entire syllabus across sections.
Here are 15 questions asked by you. Want us to answer more questions? Ask a question in our discussion forum and start a discussion.