You are in the right place for the best books for IBPS PO. The IBPS PO recruitment examination is held every year and is conduct by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS), an autonomous body that recruits candidates interested in working in the banking sector of India. Every year, lakhs of ambitious candidates diligently prepare and appear for the IBPS bank exam, hoping that they will get through with a high score. The competition is extremely high, which is why serious preparation is required to qualify for the position of a probationary officer.
Table of Contents
Best Books For IBPS PO
When it comes to preparing for the examination, keep the syllabus strictly in mind. The study material available online is vast and can get you sidetracked. A compelling study is a key to successfully getting through the IBPS PO 2018 examination. Here are the best books for IBPS PO that will help you prepare for the upcoming exam.
Books to Prepare for the English Language
- High School Grammar and Composition- Wren and Martin (This book is highly recommended for those who want to improve their language skills, with some different practice exercises.)
- Word Power Made Simple- Norman Lewis
- Objective General English- S.P. Bakshi
- Reading the newspaper regularly will also help improve your language skills.
Books to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic- Rajesh Verma
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations- R.S. Agarwal (This is one of the best books that you can refer to while preparing for IBPS PO 2018.)
- How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT- Arun Sharma
Books to prepare for Logical Reasoning
- Magical Book on Puzzles- K. Kundan
- Analytical Reasoning- M.K. Pandey
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning- R.S. Aggarwal (With many practice sets and solved questions, this book helps in preparing for the reasoning section of the paper.)
Books to prepare for General/Economic/Banking Awareness
- Banking Awareness for SBI and IBPS Bank Clerk/PO/RBI Exams/RRB- Disha Experts
- Banking Awareness- Arihant Experts
- To keep up with current affairs, especially that related to finance and banking, reading the newspaper is important. The Hindu, Economic Times and The Indian Express are some papers that you should read regularly, keeping your eyes open for any article related to the banking and the financial sector. (While reading the newspaper, you can ignore the entertainment section/Bollywood news, any news related to recent elections and comments made by different individuals.)
Once you have covered the basic syllabus and gone through the above books, you can take some mock tests and practice papers, to get an idea of the various questions that come in the paper. Make sure you go through the question papers of the previous years as well.
If you choose to prepare for the IBPS bank PO examination with the aid of these books and references, you will surely pass with flying colors.
The most comprehensive online preparation portal for MBA, Banking and Government exams. Explore a range of mock tests and study material at www.oliveboard.in
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series