SIDBI (Small Industries Development Bank of India) has released its notification for the recruitment for the post of Assistant Manager (Grade A- General Stream). Click here to read FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) about the exam.
In the exam, there is an ‘English language and Drafting Ability Test’comprising of one Essay Writing (35 marks) and one Business letter writing (15 Marks). You will get 45 minutes to attempt this section. Click here to read about important instructions regarding Essay writing as well as some sample essay topics which you can get in the exam.
In this article we will take a closer look at how to approach Business Letter Writing.
Follow this step by step process and format to write a flawless business letter.
- Sender’s Address
#34, GMR Layout
3rd Cross, Sanjaynagar
January 19, 2016
- Complete name, title and address of the recipient
Use “Mr.” for a male recipient. If you do not know how a female recipient prefers to be addressed, it is best to use “Ms.”
Mr. Mahesh Kumar
996, PMP Layout
Dear Mr. Kumar/Dear Sir/Dear
- Body of the letter
Start with an introduction, as in why you are writing this letter. In the next paragraph, provide the necessary details. Be concise and avoid redundancy. Also, use double spacing in between two paragraphs. Restrict yourself to 2-3 paragraphs.
Use “Sincerely, ” for closing. Leave four blank spaces and type your full name. The blank space should be used for your signature
If you have enclosed some documents with the letter (for ex, CV, Certificates etc), leave two spaces below your name and write Enclosure/Enclosures. If you have enclosed more than one document, mention the number in brackets. For example, if you have enclosed three documents, write- Enclosures (3)
Oliveboard is providing 5 Mock tests for SIDBI Grade A Exam. Click here to enroll.
- Join Personalized Interview Batch: Prepare for SBI & IBPS Interviews with Ex-IBPS Panel Member
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Online Course + Test Series: Join Now
- Join SSC CHSL 2021 Crash Course for Complete Exam Practice
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now
- ECGC PO 2021 – Kickstart your preparation with a Free Mock Test