The Canara Bank PO 2018 exam is just about 10 days away and it’s time to start with the revision process. It could be that some you are still in the preparation stage, incorporating this revision plan in your daily study routine will yield great results. This will only strengthen your preparation.
One must remember that completing the syllabus on time should be one of your preparation goals but not the final one. Your preparation should help you perform to the best of your abilities on the day of the exam. This revision plan will help you do just that.
Before moving on to the revision plan, here’s a snapshot of Canara Bank PO 2018 Recruitment exam’s selection procedure, exam pattern and syllabus.
Canara Bank PO 2018 : 10 Day Revision Plan
- Divide these 10 days as follows: 8 days ( ~ 2.5 days / section ) + 2 days.
- In the first 10 days, keep two and a half days for each of the three sections. Keep the last 2 days aside for lighter topics such as: revision of calculation shortcuts or formulae you need to memorize.
- The trick to scoring marks in Quantitative Aptitude Section of Canara Bank PO is to attempt the questions on Quadratic Equations, Simplification and Approximation first and then going for Number Series. Hence, work on strengthening these topics.
- Revise topics that form the base for other topics and then move on to higher-level difficult topics that require you to have a knowledge of these base topics.
- For instance, most Quant topics require you to apply concepts of Interest, Percentage and Profit & Loss. Therefore, start with what are called the base of Arithmetic section: Percentage, Profit & Loss and Interest.
- The DI questions are known to be calculation intensive. Hence, make sure you practice at least 5 sets everyday.
- For English, preparation involves building and strengthening grammar basics. Re-read the notes you’ve prepared.
- Also practice at least 5 RC passages everyday.
While doing the above mentioned things, it is also important to attempt at least 1-2 mocks in a everyday and spent some quality time analyzing your attempts. Devise a strategy on the following three points:-
- Order of attempting various sections
- Time to be spent on each section
- Number of questions to be attempted
Understand that all the 3 things mentioned above are dynamic and vary from person to person, or sometimes even paper to paper, based on the difficulty level. Understand, that the goal is to clear the cutoffs first and then to maximize your overall score. Apart from the subject knowledge, your time management skills play an equally important role in the exam. Taking mock tests will also provide you with a situation where you can practice making such important decisions, and thus be better prepared for the actual exam.
Some important last minute tips for the Canara Bank PO 2018 Recruitment Exam are as follows:
1) Take Mock Tests during the same time as your actual exam: Each one’s mind is active at different times during the day. To ensure that your mind is active during exam time, take mock tests during your exam slot so that your mind is trained to be alert during your exam. For example, if your exam is between 9 am-12 noon, take the mock tests at that time only in these few days. Also, try not to sleep at these timings till the exam so that you do not feel sleepy at the time of the exam.
2) Do not start a new topic now :- In these remaining days, it is advisable to focus on the topics that you are already acquainted with. Starting a new topic at this point of time can make you nervous and thus affect your confidence level.
3) Do not study too much 1 day before exam or on exam day: An active & fresh mind will ensure you are in the best frame of mind to solve quicker & better. To achieve this, do not study too much leading upto your exam and get at least 8 hours of sleep before the exam day.
Once you’ve done all that we’ve mentioned, rest assured that your preparation is complete. Just be confident, and go ace that exam!
All the best!
- Join Personalized Interview Batch: Prepare for SBI & IBPS Interviews with Ex-IBPS Panel Member
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Online Course + Test Series: Join Now
- Join SSC CHSL 2021 Crash Course for Complete Exam Practice
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now
- ECGC PO 2021 – Kickstart your preparation with a Free Mock Test