The Canara Bank PO 2018 recruitment exam is scheduled to be held on 4th March, 2018. With about one and a half month left for the recruitment exam, the time is ripe to kick-start your preparation for this exam.
Here, we bring to you a 50 day study plan and a detailed section-wise syllabus to help you structure your preparation over the next few days.
As you can notice, the study plan recommends taking mocks intermittently throughout the course of your preparation. It is so for the following reasons:
- Taking mocks in the beginning would help you gauge the level of your preparation and would help you strategize the your further preparation accordingly.
- While taking mocks it’s advisable to work on your attempt and question selection strategy. Knowing your strengths and weaknesses would be useful in devising these.
- Taking mocks will also help you assess your speed and accuracy levels and will help you get accustomed to the duration and pattern of the test.
Canara Bank PO 2018 : Detailed Section-wise Syllabus
Before we move on to the syllabus, let’s take a look at the exam pattern. The Canara Bank selection process will be carried out three stages namely:
Online Objective Test –> Group Discussion –> Interview
The exam pattern for the online test is as shown below.
Canara Bank PO Syllabus : Reasoning
- Puzzles and Seating arrangement
- Data Sufficiency
- Syllogisms and Series
- Input/output, Analogies
- Coding Decoding (New Patterns)
- Blood Relations
- Statement, Conclusions, Arguments and Assumptions
- Order and sequencing
- Direction Sense
Canara Bank PO Syllabus : Quantitative Aptitude
- Data Interpretation, Data Sufficiency
- Inequalities, Simplification / Approximation
- Quadratic Equations
- Number Series
- Ratio and Proportion
- Averages, Mixtures and Alligation
- Time and Work
- Time, Speed & Distance
- Profit, Loss, and Discount
- Percentages & Partnership
- Probability, Permutations and Combinations
- Simple and Compound Interest
Canara Bank PO Syllabus : English Language
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Correction and Improvement
- Phrase Replacement
- Para Jumble / Sentence Jumble
- Sentence Completion
- Vocabulary (Homonyms / Antonyms / Synonyms)
- Cloze Test
- Idioms and Phrases
Canara Bank PO Syllabus : General Awareness
- Current Affairs : Mostly related to national and international news of the past 4-6 months
Stay updated with current affairs with our GK wrap-up videos
- Banking Awareness : Knowledge of financial institutions, banking terms, Indian financial system, monetary policy etc.
Click Here To View Our Banking Awareness News & Take FREE Quizzes
- Static GK : International organisations, important government schemes, Economic terms etc.
Download FREE Static GK E-books Here.
Hope this helps. For any other queries feel free to reach out to us.
All the best!
The most comprehensive online preparation portal for MBA, Banking and Government exams. Explore a range of mock tests and study material at www.oliveboard.in
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series