Canara Bank, One of India’s leading Public Sector Bank (PSB) have released the notification announcing 800 vacancies for the post of Probability Officer. The selection process involves Online Objective Test followed by Group Discussion and Interview. The exam is scheduled to be held on 23 Dec 2018. With a little more than a month to prepare for the Canara Bank PO Exam 2018, every moment is important for preparation. Therefore, we at Oliveboard have brought you the article, “Canara Bank PO Preparation Strategy for Reasoning” to help you with the Reasoning section in Canara Bank PO Exam.
Canara Bank PO Exam 2018: Important Dates
- Online Registration starts: 23 Oct 2018
- Online Registration ends: 13 Nov 2018
- Admit Card download: After 5 Dec 2018
- Canara Bank PO Exam Online: 23 Dec 2018
Canara Bank PO Exam Pattern
No. of Questions
|Reasoning||English & Hindi||50||50||Composite of 2 Hours|
|Quantitative Aptitude||English & Hindi||50||50|
|General Awareness||English & Hindi||50||50|
Negative Marking: There will be 0.25 penalty for wrong answers in the test.
Canara Bank PO Exam: Reasoning Books
- How to Crack Test of Reasoning: In all Competitive Exams by Arihant Publications
- R. S. Aggarwal’s “Verbal and Nonverbal Reasoning”
- M K Pandey’s Book – Analytical Reasoning
Canara Bank PO Reasoning Topics
- Verbal Reasoning
- Circular Seating Arrangement
- Linear Seating Arrangement
- Double Line-up
- Input Output
- Blood Relations
- Directions and Distances
- Ordering and Ranking
- Data Sufficiency
- Coding and Decoding
- Coded Inequalities
Canara Bank PO Exam 2018: Reasoning – Preparation Tips
- Start by learning the concepts of each Reasoning topic that is likely to appear in the upcoming Canara Bank PO Exam. If you’re new to reasoning or if you aren’t very good at it, there’s no need to worry. You have enough time to brush up the basics.
- Prioritize the Reasoning questions for Canara Bank PO Exam. Start with the easy questions and then move onto difficult ones.
- There are numerous tricks for Reasoning which have been given the above mentioned Canara Bank PO Reasoning books and resources. Master these tricks by solving as many questions as possible for different question types.
- Give at least a couple of Mock Tests every week at the start and then increase the frequency of mock test to 1 every day as the exam day nears
- Analyse your mock test performance and identify your weak and strong areas of Canara Bank PO Reasoning Syllabus.
- Do not forget to solve all the previous year’s question papers of Canara Bank PO Exam.
- Revision is important to retain the concepts learnt. Revise each concept 2-3 times before the exam. It’s also important that you practice sectional tests after revising each topic to master it.
Canara Bank PO Reasoning Tips – Topic-wise
Divide the questions into two categories to help you gain a better understanding of how much time each question on average would take to be solved. For your reference, the chapters/topics from each of the two categories have been given below:
- Time-Consuming Topics: Seating arrangements (linear and circular), machine input and output, and puzzles (floor puzzles for example), etc.
- (Relatively) Easy Topics: Syllogisms, Blood Relations, Data Sufficiency, Inequalities, Direction Sense, etc.
You must know what to prioritize in the exam when it comes to practicing them and perfecting your knowledge of the same. For reference, the list of important chapters has been provided on the number of questions that they are likely to have (as per the trends in the past years’ exam papers). If you can master the topics from which more questions were asked in the past examinations, then you can complete many questions easily in your examination which will also make you faster. To know which chapters/topics to focus on, check the list below:
- Start by gaining a clear idea of the question. Syllogisms are all about understanding the statements.
- Identify what all might be true and what is true (in terms of statements)
- Venn diagrams are quite important and hence when used correctly will help you solve those questions.
Check out this video on Syllogisms
- Start with simple inequalities or direct inequalities. They are simple if you are comfortable with the basic mathematical rules.
- Coded inequalities are difficult, so care must be taken with the coding part of those questions.
- Having said that, it can be quite manageable with adequate effort and practice.
Here is a video on Inequalities —
- Linear seating arrangements may be easier than circular seating arrangements, but practice needs to be thorough for both although circular seating arrangement problems need more effort.
- Diagrams are essential and you must not start writing or drawing unless you have a diagram ready. Start with a line for linear or circle for circular seating arrangement, followed by addition of the details to the diagram for added illustration.
Here is a video on linear arrangements —
- When working with direction sense, start by drawing the diagram that represents all the directions of the question. For the ease of solving, you can start by only remembering the North and the East, and the opposite directions to North would be South and that of the East would be West.
- Similarly, the arrow between North and East would be North+East = North-East while that of between South and East would be South-East, and so on. Whenever you are working on any direction sense question ensure you do this. Alternatively, you can also check the video below the diagram.
Coding – Decoding
- For Coding Decoding questions, attempt to determine the order of the sequence to know if it is ascending or descending. Then depending on the sequence, determine further what steps must be taken. Alternatively, you may check out the Coding Decoding Explained or the video below.
- Questions can be asked in any form — charts, graphs, tables, etc.
- Data sufficiency questions can be the most time-consuming questions, so practice all types of data sufficiency questions to ensure you are familiar with all of them.
Here is a video on the most common Data Sufficiency questions —
These are some of the most challenging topics in the Reasoning section of Canara Bank PO Exam, but following these tips can help you score higher. However, you must practice whatever you have learned because, without practice, learning would be of no use. Hence for your Practice, you can 100% rely on Oliveboard Mock Tests. The quality of these online mock test is by far the best and they would give you the edge which is required to achieve success in exams like Canara Bank PO Exam 2018.
- 10 Canara Bank PO Mock Tests
- All Topic Tests
- Sectional Tests
- GK Supplement with 2500 questions
- Video Crash course – 200+ Videos
- Lessons on All Topics
That is all in about the Canara Bank PO Exam Preparation Tips for Reasoning Section. We hope you implement these Tips in your preparation plan to achieve success.
All the Best!
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Online Course + Test Series: Join Now
- Attempt SBI PO Free Mock Test for Prelims now
- IB ACIO 2020 – 2000 Vacancies – Start Preparing a Free Mock Test now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now
- ECGC PO 2021 – Kickstart your preparation with a Free Mock Test
- Crack All IBPS Exams – Join Mega Banking Online Course Now