Canara Bank, One of India’s leading Public Sector Bank (PSB) had earlier released the notification announcing 800 vacancies for the post of Probability Officer. The selection process involves Online Objective Test followed by Group Discussion and Interview. The online exam is scheduled to be held on 23 Dec 2018. Check Official Notification. With a little more than a month to prepare for the Canara Bank PO Exam 2018, every moment is important for preparation. Therefore, we at Oliveboard have brought you Canara Bank PO Preparation Strategy for Quantitative Aptitude to help you with the Quant section in Canara Bank PO Exam.
- Preparation Strategy: Topics for Quantitative Aptitude
- Canara Bank PO Preparation Strategy for Quantitative Aptitude
Don’t Forget to Check Canara Bank PO Study Plan
Canara Bank PO Exam 2018: Important Dates
- Online Registration starts: 23 Oct 2018
- Online Registration ends: 13 Nov 2018
- Admit Card download: After 5 Dec 2018
- Canara Bank PO Exam Online: 23 Dec 2018
Canara Bank PO Exam Pattern
|Subject||Medium||No. of Questions||Marks||Time|
|Reasoning||English & Hindi||50||50||Composite of 2 Hours|
|Quantitative Aptitude||English & Hindi||50||50|
|General Awareness||English & Hindi||50||50|
Negative Marking: There will be 0.25 penalty for wrong answers in the test.
Your take-aways from the exam pattern:
(I) Speed is critical for success in the exam as 200 questions are to be answered in 2 hrs (120 minutes). This translates to roughly 36 seconds per question.
(II) There are No sectional time limits. Hence, one must have a proper time strategy in place, the objective of which should be to: Clear sectional cut-offs first and then maximise the overall scores.
Preparation Strategy: Topics for Quantitative Aptitude
|Simple and Compound Interest||Profit & Loss|
|Quadratic Equations||Mixture & Allegation|
|Simplification / Approximation||Pipes & Cisterns|
|Ratio & Proportion||Problem on Ages|
|Time & Distance||Time & Work|
|Permutation & Combination | Probability||Data Sufficiency|
Canara Bank PO Preparation Strategy for Quantitative Aptitude
The aspirants with a non-Math background face the most difficulty in this section. However, before forming any notions regarding this section, we must realize that the questions asked of the same level as that asked a class 10th student. Thus, the first requirement of preparing for the section is letting go of all the mental blocks you have. Remember that the questions are NOT for some mathematician. The questions are from basic mathematical concepts and the real challenge that we face is solve the questions in a stipulated time. So, practice is THE way to ace this section. But here also, the practice has to have a strategic backing so that you can score the maximum in the exam.
An often ignored yet an extremely important aspect of the preparation of the Quantitative Aptitude section is working on improving your calculation skills. This can be done by learning shortcut methods and practicing them on an everyday basis. Learn the following:-
- Multiplication tables up to 25
- List of squares and cubes from 1 to 25
- Common percentages and their fractional & decimal equivalents
So, what exactly you need to do is:
- Devote at least 2 hrs Daily for Quant Section
- Brush Up Your Basics. Watch Free Video lessons Here to clear the concepts.
- Improve Calculation Speed. Find some Tricks Here
- Practice Topic Tests starting from Level 1 and go on increasing the difficulty level
- Once you are done, Take Sectional Tests
- Attempt Full Mock Test to get the real exam experience
- Analyze your Performance after every Test
- Identify Your Weak Areas
- Work on it and Take Revision Tests
After every Mock Test, Analyse your score. The analytics feature provided by Oliveboard gives you your National standing and other insights. The detailed Report of your performance would help to find your Strong, Slow & Weak areas. It will ultimately help you focus your attention in areas you need to improve. Sign up and try it for yourself here.
And why just settle with the Report? Get Expert Feedback in areas you are Weak at. It will help you devise strategies to attempt questions with greater accuracy. Also take Revision Tests on those particular Topics to improve your score.
Focus More On-
Proceed in a sequential manner i.e. understand the concepts in an order because most quant topics are interdependent, meaning, you need to know concepts of one topic to understand or solve another. For instance, DI questions require the mastery of mainly three topics including:
- Ratio and Proportion
So you need to understand these first, before you move to Data Interpretation.
Based on previous exams, the list is provided to know which chapters/topics need to be focused more. Click on them to take Topic Test!
|Chapter/Topic||Number of Questions|
Practice DI : Tables (Level 1, 2 and 3)
Practice DI : Caselets (Level 1, 2 and 3)
Practice DI : Charts and Graphs (Level 1, 2 and 3)
10 – 15 Questions
|Simplification & Approximation||8 – 10 Questions|
|Number Series||5 – 7 Questions|
|Quadratic Equation||6 – 7 Questions|
|Quantity Comparison||4 – 5 Questions|
|Data Sufficiency||4 – 5 Questions|
|Profit, Loss, and Discount||2 – 3 Questions|
|SI / CI||2 – 3 Questions|
|Miscellaneous||10 – 12 Questions|
Canara Bank PO (PGDBF): Previous Exam Cut-offs
Canara Bank PO Cutoff : 2017-18 Exam (Online Test Held on 04.03.2018)
Overall Exam Cut off
Now that you know how to proceed with your Quant preparation, Take a FREE MOCK TEST Now and check your National Standing!
Oliveboard provides you with the following Mock Tests and Online resources for Exam preparation-
- 10 Canara Bank PO Mock Tests
- All Topic Tests
- Sectional Tests
- GK Supplement with 2500 questions
- Video Crash course – 200+ Videos
- Lessons on All Topics
- IBPS RRB PO Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB Assistant Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- Guarantee your success in 2020 with SBI PO Titan Course + 30 Full length SBI PO mock tests
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here
- UPSC EPFO EO 2020 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test