The IIMs have come out with their notification for CAT 2015 and contrary to student expectations, there have been quite a few changes made to the exam pattern. While the exam will continue to be a 100 question affair, the exam will now be for 180 minutes instead of 170 min. There have been changes made to sectional timings, type of questions and time available for each section. List of key changes provided below. Click here to prepare for CAT 2015 in the new pattern.
New Exam Pattern:-
|Section||Number of Questions||Time available (min)|
|DI & LR||32||60|
Key Changes: CAT 2015 vs CAT 2014:-
What this means for students:-
- The re-introduction of sectional timing will mean students do not have the flexibility to allot time to sections based on their strengths. Exam taking and time management strategies will have to be changed.
- With LR moving into a new section along with DI, students who were weak at Verbal no longer have the comfort of LR questions to clear the sectional cut-offs. Students will now need to focus more on Verbal as well to clear the sectional cut-offs.
- The introduction of an on-screen calculator means that there is no need for students to spend time in their preparation on quick calculation and multiplication techniques. While there is merit in improving calculation speeds, the need to go beyond a point in that has been made less critical with this new move.
- For the first time, CAT will have questions with no answer options. Students relying on options only to solve questions will now need to tackle questions without the assistance of options in a few questions.
To prepare for CAT 2015 in the new pattern, click here.
- IBPS Clerk 2021 Mock Test: Attempt Now
- IBPS PO 2021 Mock Test: Attempt Now
- SBI PO 2021 – Attempt Free Mock Test Here
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क UP पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क राजस्थान Gram Sevak मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क UP Lekhpal मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें