The exam date of the biggest and most popular management entrance examination of India CAT (Common Admission Test) conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIM) is recently announced. CAT 2018 exam date is 25th November (Sunday). The detailed notification for the CAT 2018 will be released in July/August tentatively. IIMs reserve the right to change the CAT 2018 exam date in case of exceptional circumstances. Most of the aspirants might have started preparing and for the ones who are planning to start, this post on books and online resources for CAT 2018 will be helpful.
CAT is computer-based and includes three sections of 60 minutes each.
- Quantitative Aptitude (QA)
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)
- Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC)
- How to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT by Arun Sharma
- Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude for CAT by Nishit Sinha
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R.S. Aggarwal
Verbal Ability and Reasoning
- How to prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT by Arun Sharma
- Pearson Guide to Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning for CAT by Nishit Sinha
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin
- A Communicative Grammar of English by Geoffrey Leech
While the below books will not help you prepare as such for MBA entrance exams. These will help you brush up the basic knowledge so that you can improve your hold over English Grammar.
Business Magazines for CAT Preparation
- Business Line by The Hindu Group
- Business Today by India Today Group
- Business World
- Management Compass Career Launcher
- Business & Management Chronicle by Chronicle Publications
- Competition Success Review
Newspapers for CAT Preparation
- The Hindu
- Economics Times
- The Statesman
Online Resources for CAT Preparation
- Articles in Literature
- Bloomberg Editorials
- Oliveboard CAT Mock Tests
Hope this helps!