Current Affairs for 3rd April 2018: Here’s today’s GK dose for your upcoming banking and government exam preparation.
1) M.S Dhoni receives Padma Bhushan on 2011 World Cup win anniversary
2) Indian Railways transported a freight load of over 1,160 million tonnes in 2017-18, which is the highest-ever load transported by the railways
3) The Finance Ministry on Monday announced that a record 6.84 crore Income Tax Returns were filed in the financial year 2017-18, showing a growth of 26% from previous fiscal
4) The Direct Tax collections for the financial year 2017-18 stood at ₹9.95 lakh crore exceeding the Budget Estimate of ₹9.8 lakh crore
5) The government on Monday imposed a 10% import duty on three key smartphone components with a view to boost domestic manufacturing
6) RBI dropped Axis Bank from a list of banks it has cleared to import gold and silver in the current financial year that began April 1
7) CBSE has decided against holding re-examination of Class X mathematics paper after conducting an evaluation of the answer sheets
8) Indians pay more for petrol and diesel compared to consumers in neighbouring countries. Diesel prices hit an all-time high of ₹64.69 per litre in Delhi, while petrol prices reached a four-year high of ₹73.83 per litre.
9) Amazon’s stock fell around 6% on Monday, wiping out nearly $45 billion from its market capitalisation, after the US President Donald Trump slammed the online retailer
10) Female MPs in the UK have launched the #PayMeToo campaign to fight gender pay gap in the country.
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series
- Prepare for RBI Assistant 2019 Exam with Mock Tests & Live Classes Here
- SSC CGL Brahamstra – Join Practice-based Online Tuition for SSC CGL 2019-20 Exam
- Attempt a Free IBPS Clerk Mains Mock Test here
- SSC CHSL 2019 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test