Current Affairs for 3rd April 2018: Here’s today’s GK dose for your upcoming banking and government exam preparation.
1) M.S Dhoni receives Padma Bhushan on 2011 World Cup win anniversary
2) Indian Railways transported a freight load of over 1,160 million tonnes in 2017-18, which is the highest-ever load transported by the railways
3) The Finance Ministry on Monday announced that a record 6.84 crore Income Tax Returns were filed in the financial year 2017-18, showing a growth of 26% from previous fiscal
4) The Direct Tax collections for the financial year 2017-18 stood at ₹9.95 lakh crore exceeding the Budget Estimate of ₹9.8 lakh crore
5) The government on Monday imposed a 10% import duty on three key smartphone components with a view to boost domestic manufacturing
6) RBI dropped Axis Bank from a list of banks it has cleared to import gold and silver in the current financial year that began April 1
7) CBSE has decided against holding re-examination of Class X mathematics paper after conducting an evaluation of the answer sheets
8) Indians pay more for petrol and diesel compared to consumers in neighbouring countries. Diesel prices hit an all-time high of ₹64.69 per litre in Delhi, while petrol prices reached a four-year high of ₹73.83 per litre.
9) Amazon’s stock fell around 6% on Monday, wiping out nearly $45 billion from its market capitalisation, after the US President Donald Trump slammed the online retailer
10) Female MPs in the UK have launched the #PayMeToo campaign to fight gender pay gap in the country.
- Crack IBPS Clerk 2020 Online Course – Join Now
- Join EDGE Courses for Bank Exams – Get personal mentoring by experts
- IBPS PO 2020 Mock Tests – Attempt a Free Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB PO Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB Assistant Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- Guarantee your success in 2020 with SBI PO Titan Course on EDGE + 30 Full-length SBI PO mock tests
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here