General Knowledge or Current Affairs form a very important part of all Banking and Government Exams, be it SBI, IBPS, Railways, UPSC or SSC examinations. This section usually poses problems to students because there is no defined syllabus and there are infinite resources to prepare from. Aspirants get confused in the selection of the right source of information. We are going to post the Top 10 news headlines every day from the most relevant and reliable sources, so that it boosts your General Awareness preparation to crack these competitive examinations.
Top 10 Headlines for 20th March 2018 are as follows :
1) India is the most vulnerable country to the effects of climate change, a study by HSBC has revealed.
2) Fifty-six-year-old Mangala Mani has become ISRO’s first woman scientist to spend 403 days in Antarctica
3) Indian real estate firm IREO, which has partnered with The Trump Organization to build an office tower in India, has been accused of defrauding its foreign investors of at least ₹958 crore
4) The US’ national debt has exceeded $21 trillion for the first time, six months after crossing $20 trillion
5) The Supreme Court found that ₹28,000 crore meant for the welfare of construction workers lie stagnant in State coffers.
6) IRCTC ties up with Ola for booking cab on its website, app
7) 16 Korean companies sign MoU with Andhra government to set up ancillary units. The companies will invest 737 million USD (Rs 4,790 crore) and provide 6,583 jobs
8) India hosting mini-ministerial meet to break WTO impasse in New Delhi.
9) Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s net worth dropped by $6.06 billion in one day following reports that Cambridge Analytica exploited over 50 million users’ personal data to support Donald Trump’s election campaign.
10) India’s largest lender SBI and India Mortgage Guarantee Corporation (IMGC) today signed a pact to offer mortgage guarantee scheme for prospective non-salaried and self-employed home loan customers.
To appear for daily GK quizzes and tests, click here.