General Knowledge or Current Affairs form a very important part of all Banking and Government Exams, be it SBI, IBPS, Railways, UPSC or SSC examinations. This section usually poses problems to students because there is no defined syllabus and there are infinite resources to prepare from. Aspirants get confused in the selection of the right source of information. We are going to post the Top 10 news headlines every day from the most relevant and reliable sources, so that it boosts your General Awareness preparation to crack these competitive examinations.
Top 10 Headlines for 23rd March 2018 are as follows :
1) Facebook is enhancing its security features to ensure that elections in India and other countries are not influenced by the platform, said CEO Zuckerberg.
2) India’s 18-year-old shooter Elavenil Valarivan set a qualification world record before claiming a gold medal in the 10-metre air rifle women junior event at the ISSF Junior Shooting World Cup.
3) IRCTC to use PoS devices in trains to stop food overcharging.
4) Parliament passes the bill to double tax-free gratuity to ₹20 lac.
5) Balesh Sharma named CEO of Vodafone-Idea India merged entity
6) Railways made ₹29 crore as 17.6 Lac senior citizens gave up subsidy
7) Savings from direct benefit transfer pegged at Rs 83,000 crore
8) The Delhi government on Thursday tabled an Rs. 53,000 crore budget for 2018-2019 that focused once again on education but added new features such as a ‘Green Budget’.
9) The UIDAI informed the Supreme Court that it will introduce ‘Face ID’ on July 1 to for Aadhaar holders.
10) India successfully test fired the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile with an indigenous ‘seeker’ at Rajasthan’s Pokhran test range
To appear for daily GK quizzes and tests, click here.
- Want to increase your Prelims score by +10?
Attempt Lockdown Live Tests – Free Daily All India Test Now
- GharPe Coaching 3.0 – Attend Free Live Classes for SBI PO & IBPS PO
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here
- UPSC EPFO EO 2020 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test