Most of the major Government and Banking recruitment exams such as UPSC, SSC CGL, IBPS PO Mains, SBI PO Mains, BOB PO, RBI Grade B, Indian Bank PO, etc. consist of a Descriptive English Paper in their recruitment process wherein the candidate must finish an essay, letter writing, Precis writing task, etc. in a given word limit. Today in this blog, we are going to provide some topics to prepare for your essay and letter-writing task. Make sure you download Ultimate Guide for Descriptive English PDF before you practice these.
Topics for Descriptive English Paper
An essay is nothing but a short piece of writing on a particular topic. What sets an essay apart is not just being error-free in terms of grammar and spelling but also the structure and flow of ideas in the
essay. A basic but ideal structure to follow is: –
Refer to the image for essay-writing tips-
Topics for Essay
- Caste-System continues to plague Indian Society
- Decriminalization of Section 377 – Your views
- Effect of fake news on social media.
- Startup Ecosystem in India.
- Cybersecurity and Banking.
- Adoption of heritage sites in India
- Safety of Women in India
- Women Empowerment
- Women Equality
- Swacch Bharat Abhiyaan
- The problem of NPA in India
- Cashless Economy
- Impact of GST on Indian Economy
- Mobiles and Internet have broadened the Generation gap
- Social Media – Pros & Cons
- Effect of Gadgets on developing brains
- Education System in India
- Measures to prevent environmental damage
- Global Warming
- Hard-work or Smart-Work: What will you choose?
- How to maintain a healthy lifestyle in your professional life?
Essay Topics asked in SBI PO MAINS 2018 EXAM
- Monsoon wreaks havoc in many Indian states. Write measures or steps that can be taken to minimize the damage.
- In many schools and colleges, students are given many projects and assignments related to the project although there is no research paper published as compared to the number of teachers and students. Write your views on it.
ESSAY TOPICS ASKED IN IBPS PO MAINS 2017 EXAM
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Cashless Economy
- Effects of gadgets on intellectual capabilities of Humans
There are mainly two types of letters asked in exams:
Let’s know the format along with the sample letters and topics-
1. Informal Letters: are those written to friends, relatives, parents, siblings (brother/ sister), etc.
2. Formal Letters: Are those that you write to the bank manager, news editor, government department/ officials, etc.
Topics for Letter-Writing
- Write a letter to the local municipal authority complaining about open manholes in your area.
- Write a letter to the Bank Manager for issuing a chequebook.
- Write a letter to the Editor of a Newspaper Agency to raise awareness about the ill-effects of gadgets on children’s development.
- Write a letter to the Bank Manager complaining about failed transaction.
- Write a letter to your father telling him about your life in the hostel.
- Write a letter to your friend telling him about your visit to a historical place.
- Write a letter to your sister advising her to participate in Annual Sports Meet.
- Write a letter to your friend congratulating him/her about their success in the exam.
All the Best!
- IBPS Clerk 2021 Mock Test: Attempt Now
- IBPS PO 2021 Mock Test: Attempt Now
- SBI PO 2021 – Attempt Free Mock Test Here
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क UP पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क राजस्थान Gram Sevak मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क UP Lekhpal मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें