Several bank and government examinations include a descriptive part. Unlike the objective part where the candidate must select the correct answer choice out of 4 or 5 given options, the descriptive part is all about how the candidate can convey information in the formal (or informal) context in a concise and accurate manner. Examinations such as the UPSC, SSC CGL, SBI PO, RBI Grade B, BOB PO, IBPS PO and many other examinations include a Descriptive English section wherein the candidate must finish an essay writing, letter writing, Precis writing task, etc. in a given word limit.
In all the competitive exams, every mark counts and even 1 mark can be the difference between success and failure. Therefore, to help you get these important marks, we have created a Free Descriptive English E-book. After going through the ebook, don’t forget to Practice Descriptive English on Oliveboard’s Discuss forum. Discuss with your peers and get evaluated!
Click on the adjoining link to download Free Descriptive English E-book http://bit.ly/DescriptiveEnglish
Here’s a Sample Question:
Q1. (UPSC 2018 – Essay)
Write two essays, choosing one topic from each of the following Sections A and B, in about 1000-1200 words each:
•Alternative technologies for a climate change resilient India
•A good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge
•Poverty anywhere is a threat to prosperity everywhere
•Management to India border disputes-a complex task
•Customary morality cannot be a guide to modern life
•‘The past’ is a permanent dimension of human consciousness and values
•A people that values its privileges above its principles loses both
•Reality does not conform to the ideal, but confirms it
Q2. (RBI Grade B Phase II 2017 – Memory Based)
I.Write an Essay of 300 words on any 1 topic from the following:
•Merger of SBI and its 5 associates
•Solving Problem of NPA in India
•Digitization and Ransomware
•Nuclear Power Plant
•Uniform admission policy for Higher Secondary Schools in India
II.Write a Précis (170 words) on Gold and Paper Currency
Also, if you are looking for more Ebooks-
- Free English Ebook – 100 Most Important Verbal Phrases
- Current Affairs Free Ebook- India’s Ranking in Various Indexes [NEW]
- Current Affairs Free Ebook- List of Appointments (June) 2019
- Current Affairs Free Ebook – Summits/Conferences 2019
- Static GK Free Ebook – Races and Tribes of the World
- Static GK Free Ebook – Important Committees related to Banking and Finance in India
- Static GK Free Ebook – Agricultural Schemes and Programmes
- Static GK Free Ebook – Musical Instruments and persons Associated
- Static GK Free Ebook – Scientists – Their Inventions & Discoveries
- Static GK Free Ebook – Atmosphere and its Structure
- Static GK Free Ebook – Nicknames of Cities (World)
- Static GK Free Ebook – Important Gulfs of the World
- Static GK Free Ebook: Indian Winners – Man-Booker Prize & Roman Magsaysay Awards
We hope you like the information provided in the above ebook on Descriptive English.
Keep visiting this page to get more E-books on GK, Banking awareness and Current Affairs for free.
Prepare for Bank and Government Exams with Oliveboard
- Login to Oliveboard
- Attempt Free Mock Tests
- Do Exam Analysis
- Get Expert Feedback on Weak Areas
- Compare Topper’s Time
- Take Revision Test
All the best for your exams!
Oliveboard is a learning & practice platform for premier entrance exams. We have helped over 1 crore users since 2012 with their Bank, SSC, Railways, Insurance, Teaching and other competitive Exams preparation.