In this, we describe the best economic books for RBI Grade B and syllabus of economics. The RBI Grade B examination is scheduled to take place in the month of August. In this officer post, the responsibilities are not only to manage financial stability but also for printing and circulation of currency. Therefore, it is a highly respectable job receiving thousands of applications each year. This year the RBI Grade B officer examination has been pushed back from May to July, giving aspirants more preparation time.
The first step towards getting a good score and fulfilling the cut-offs for each section is knowing the syllabus.
Syllabus of Economics
- Development and growth theory
- Knowing the basic difference between GDP and NNP along with its present values in India
- Industrial and labor policies and laws
- Indian Economic Reforms
- Fiscal and Monetary Policy
- Concept of privatization and how it occurred in India
- Economic Planning
- Social and sustainable development
- Environmental Issues and policies
- Important economic bodies and institutions
- Export-Import policy
- World Bank, IMF and WTO
- Rural and urban development
- Gender Issues
- Social movements and discrimination
- Health and Education sectors along with social service in India
Economic Books for RBI Grade B
This not an exhaustive list but only to give you a fair idea of the nature of topics that you should follow and study. Here is a list of books for you to refer for this RBI officer examination:
- Indian Economy – Ramesh Singh
Indian Economy authored by Ramesh Singh is a book that extensively covers all topics in the RBI grade B economics syllabus. It has found favor with consecutive batches of students appearing for this exam.
- Indian Economy Key Concepts – Sankarganesh K
It is regarded as the go-to book if you are looking to brush up your basics on the subject. The book is very lucidly written and simple to read.
- Datt & Sundharam’s Indian Economy – Ashwani Mahajan & Gaurav Datt
Another comprehensive books that covers all topcis in the Rbi grade B syllabus. The current edition contains new methods of analysis of various economic problems.
- The Indian Economy – Sanjiv Verma
This book is a wonderful guide to various economic topics. There are numerous problems with illustrations to help you analyze the problem. Written in a clear and lucid language, the books are easy to understand.
It is very important to test your level of preparedness before an RBI Grade B Phase II exam by taking regular online mock tests. These are not only helpful in improving your speed but also increase your accuracy and efficiency.
All the Best!