The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is slated to conduct the IBPS Clerk Mains 2016 Exam from December 31st. You have approximately 3 weeks’ time to prepare for the exam.
We suggest you use this time to revise the most advanced concepts and practice sufficient number of questions from IBPS Clerk Mains 2016 Exam Syllabus to improve your speed and accuracy. In the following article we have provided topic-wise preparation tips for your IBPS Clerk Mains 2016 Exam and also a strategy to help you improve your speed and accuracy in solving the questions.
First, let’s have a look at the exam pattern of IBPS Clerk Mains 2016 Exam.
- IBPS Clerk Mains 2016 Exam Pattern
- Topic-wise tips to prepare for IBPS Clerk Mains 2016 Exam
- English Language for IBPS Clerk Mains Exam
- Reasoning for IBPS Clerk Mains Exam
- Quantitative Aptitude for IBPS Clerk Mains Exam
- General Awareness for IBPS Clerk Mains Exam
- Computer Knowledge for IBPS Clerk Mains Exam
- Read: How to improve your Speed and Accuracy for the IBPS Clerk Mains 2016 Exam.
- Click here to check out the Previous Year IBPS Clerk Exam Cut off Marks.
IBPS Clerk Mains 2016 Exam Pattern
|Name of the section||Number of questions||Maximum marks||Duration (Mins)|
Topic-wise tips to prepare for IBPS Clerk Mains 2016 Exam
Before you start your final revision for IBPS Clerk Mains Exam, analyze previous year IBPS Clerk Mains Exam solved question papers. This will give you a brief idea about the kind of questions that can appear in your exam and also help you understand how to solve each question. Do a thorough Analysis of IBPS Clerk Mains Exam solved question papers.
The IBPS Clerk Mains Exam has sectional timing. Hence it’s a good idea to set a timer during your practice sessions.
English Language for IBPS Clerk Mains Exam
- Read newspapers daily. Make note of new words and phrases that you don’t understand and look up their meaning in the dictionary or the internet.
- Take out some time every day to brush up your English Grammar. Refer to English grammar books like High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren & Martin.
- Read a variety of text like newspapers, magazine editorials, novels, reports, etc. And while you’re at it, try and grasp the central idea of each passage you read and rewrite its title in your own words. This will help make solving Reading Comprehension easy for you. Take out some time to read online. This will help your eyes get acquainted to reading on screen for the exam.
Reasoning for IBPS Clerk Mains Exam
- Make a list of all important topics under the IBPS Clerk Mains Syllabus. Take a FREE IBPS Clerk Mains Mock Test and identify your weak topics.
- Divide these weak topics and assign few topics per day for practice for a week. Practice sufficient number of questions from these topics. Start with scoring topics such as Puzzles, Coding-decoding and types of Arrangement and then move on to Blood Relations, Syllogism, Direction, Ranking and Input Output.
- While you’re at it, solve puzzles online regularly. Reasoning is more of an acquired skill and with regular practice, you can master it.
Quantitative Aptitude for IBPS Clerk Mains Exam
- Follow the same steps for Quantitative Aptitude that you followed for Reasoning. Take an IBPS Clerk Mains Mock Test, identify your weak areas and practice sufficient questions from the IBPS Clerk Mains Quantitative Aptitude Exam Syllabus.
- If you don’t understand a particular concept or are unable to solve a particular question, you can either refer to the previous year IBPS Clerk Mains Quant solved question paper or to Online IBPS Clerk Mains Quantitative Aptitude Study Material.
- Brush up your basic and advanced concepts in Quant. Maintain a practice workbook and enter all the important concepts, formulas and shortcuts in it for last minute revision.
General Awareness for IBPS Clerk Mains Exam
- The General Awareness section of the IBPS Clerk Mains 2016 Exam has special reference to Banking, Finance & Economy. So use the remaining of your preparation time to brush up your knowledge about the various National & International Financial Institutions, Indian Banks and their Headquarters and Chairmen, the various policy reforms in Reserve Bank of India, History of Banking, Finance Committees, Functions of banks, Macroeconomic concepts, and the like.
- Take some time out to learn static GK mainly pertaining to topics like Economy, Sports, Indian History & Culture, Science & Technology, Politics, Arts, Geography, Environment, and the like.
- Current affairs are also an important part of the General Awareness section. Make sure you’re well informed about what’s happening around the world.
- There are several online GK Quizzes and books like Lucent’s GK and Manorama Yearbook 2016 which will help you update yourself with the latest happenings from around the world.
Computer Knowledge for IBPS Clerk Mains Exam
Given below are some of the important Computer Knowledge topics to prepare for IBPS Clerk Mains 2016 Exam Computer Knowledge section:
- Hardware & Software
- Internet & Networking
- History & types of computers
- Microsoft Office
- Operating Systems
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Binary Conversions
- Important computer terms and abbreviations
Click here to check out the Previous Year IBPS Clerk Exam Cut off Marks.
We wish you all the best for your IBPS Clerk Mains 2016 Exam.
- All New SBI PO 2021 Selection Batch: Join Now
- IB ACIO Tier 2 – Descriptive English Crash Course – Join Now
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क उत्तर प्रदेश पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Crash Course + Test Series: Join Now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now