SSC CGL Application Form: The Staff Selection Commission of India released the notification for SSC CGL on the 17th of September, 2022. A whopping 20,000+ vacancies are up for grabs for the year 2022-23. Candidates who are aiming for this great opportunity have to fill out the online application to register themselves for the exam. This blog will explain how to fill SSC CGL application form for 2022.
Along with the release of the notification, SSC has also opened the online registration link for CGL on the 17th of September, 2022. The registration will close on the 8th of October, 2022. Candidates should make sure to fill out the form at the earliest.
Table of Contents
- How to Fill SSC CGL Application: Important Dates
- How to Fill SSC CGL Application Form: Step-by-step Process
- SSC CGL Application Form: Change in Exam Pattern
- SSC CGL Application Form: Check Status
- How to Fill SSC CGL Application Form: Frequently Asked Questions
How to Fill SSC CGL Application: Important Dates
|SSC CGL Notification 2022 Release Date||17th September 2022|
|SSC CGL Application Form 2022 Duration||17th September 2022 – 13th October 2022|
|Last date and time for the generation of offline challan||13 October 2022 (11 pm)|
|Last date and time for making online fee payment||14 October 2022 (11 pm)|
|Last date for payment through Challan (during|
working hours of Bank)
|15 October 2022|
|Dates of ‘Window for Application Form|
Correction’ including online payment
|19 October 2022 – 20 October 2022|
|SSC CGL Tier-I Application Status||To be notified soon|
|SSC CGL Tier-I Admit Card Release Date||To be notified soon|
|SSC CGL Exam Date 2022 Tier-I||December 2022|
|SSC CGL Tier-I Result||To be notified soon|
|SSC CGL Answer Key||To be notified soon|
|SSC CGL Tier-II Admit Card||To be notified soon|
|SSC CGL Tier-II Exam Date||To be notified soon|
How to Fill SSC CGL Application Form: Step-by-step Process
Keep the following ready before filling out the form
|Item||Minimum Size||Maximum Size||Resolution|
|Photo||More than 4kb||Less than 12kb||100 x 120 pixels|
|Signature||More than 1 kb||Less than 12kb||40 x 60 pixels|
The photographs should be in jpeg.
Steps to Fill SSC CGL Application Form
To fill out the SSC CGL application form successfully, carefully follow the steps given below.
Go to Staff Selection Commission’s official website. (https://ssc.nic.in/)
Select ‘New User? Register Now.
Fill out the registration form. Be very careful while filling in the information. Once submission and payment are complete, you cannot change your information. If any discrepancy is found in the submitted information before the exam, the candidate could be disallowed from writing the exam.
Log in to the registered account with the registration number generated during registration and the password set at the same time.
Required details must be filled in for the application form. Again, be very careful as you fill.
Upload the scanned documents, including the photograph and signature. Make sure to follow the guidelines provided above for both photographs. Ensure clarity in the pictures.
Carefully go through the form that you have filled out before selecting the Final Submit button to submit it.
The application fee of Rs 100 needs to be paid after this; the. The process can be either online or offline.
Accepted mode of payment: SBI challan or BHIM, UPI or internet banking, credit card, or debit card.
SSC CGL Application Form: Change in Exam Pattern
Candidates looking forward to writing the SSC CGL exam for 20,000 vacancies should be aware of the following changes in the SSC CGL exam pattern:
- SSC CGL Tier – I is now only qualifying in nature.
- The Exam Pattern of SSC CGL Tier – II has been completely changed.
- Only Tier – II is considered for final merit.
- Tier – III and IV have been scrapped.
SSC CGL Application Form: Check Status
Once your application has been filled and submitted, and the fee paid, all you do is wait. SSC will check the validity and update the status of your application in your candidate login. You can check whether it’s accepted or rejected and if accepted, you can also note down your exam center, date and time.
Following are the steps to follow to check the status of your application:
- Click on the direct link given or go to the Regional Website
- Click on the “Know Your Status of Combined Graduate Level (Tier-I) Examination, 2022”
- Fill in your Roll Number/ Reg No. or your Name and Date of Birth
- Check whether your application has been accepted or rejected. If accepted, note down your exam date, time & city.
The SSC CGL is a grand opportunity for all those who are aiming at government jobs. With 20,000 vacancies, candidates should not lose out on this chance. Make sure to fill out your forms well and carefully. You can also refer to our YouTube channel for more information, updates, tips, and tricks!
Best of luck!
How to Fill SSC CGL Application Form: Frequently Asked Questions
1. SSC CGL will now have only 2 tiers- Tier I and II. Tier – III and Tier – IV have been removed.
2. Tier – 2 Exam Pattern changed.
3. Merit list will be prepared on the basis of the overall performance of candidates in the Tier-II Examination only.
4. Sectional Cut off introduced in Tier- 2.
5. This means Tier-1 is qualifying in nature now.
The SSC CGL exam comprises 2 tiers both of which are online.
The minimum educational qualification required to appear for the SSC CGL exam is graduation.
8th October 2022 is the last date to apply for SSC CGL 2022.
The application fee is Rs 100/- for all candidates except SC, ST, Ex-Servicemen, and Females.
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests, and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
Recently started writing about bank and government exam preparation. As an aspirant myself, I have insight into various aspects of preparation. When not writing about exams, I love to read and listen to music.