The Intelligence Bureau ( Ministry of Home Affairs ) has invited applications for the post of ACIO : Assistant Central Intelligence Officer. It is a Grade – II, Group – C ( Non-gazetted, Non-ministerial ), executive post with the Intelligence Bureau.
In this article we would cover all the necessary details about the exam.
IB ACIO Recruitment Exam 2017 : Important Dates
Registrations ( Application Process ) Begin : 12 August, 2017
Registrations ( Application Process ) Close : 2 September, 2017
Date of Tier-I Examination : 15 October, 2017
Date of Tier-II Examination : 7 January, 2018
Examination Fee: INR 100
IB ACIO Recruitment Exam 2017 : Vacancies
|Number of vacancies||951||184||109||56||1300|
*The number of vacancies are provisional and are liable to change.
IB ACIO Recruitment Exam 2017 : Eligibility Criteria
- Graduation ( or equivalent degree ) from a recognized university.
- Basic knowledge of computers is desirable.
- Candidates should fall in the age bracket of 18-27 years.
*Age relaxation is provided for various categories as per norms.
IB ACIO Recruitment Exam 2017 : Exam Pattern & Selection Criteria
The selection process consists of the following three stages:-
- Tier-I Exam ( Total Marks : 100 )
- Tier-II Exam ( Total Marks : 50 )
- Interview ( Total Marks : 100 )
IB ACIO Tier-I Exam : Paper Pattern ( Objective Type )
|Section||No. Of Questions||Marks||Time|
|General Awareness||25||25||60 minutes|
*There will be negative marking of ¼ mark for each wrong answer.
IB ACIO Tier-II Exam : Paper Pattern ( Descriptive Type )
|Essay Writing||30||60 minutes|
|English Comprehension & Précis Writing||20|
- Only those candidates would be called for Tier-II exam who qualify a certain standard in Tier-I. For Tier-II examination, there is a minimum cut off of 33%.
- On the basis of their combined performance in Tier-I and Tier-II, the candidates would be short listed for the interview.
- The final selection would be made on the basis of combined performance in all the selection stages.
IB ACIO Recruitment Exam 2017 : Pay-scale
The payscale is as follows:-
Rs. 9300-34800 + Grade Pay Rs.4200 (PB-2) + admissible Central Government Allowances
[Under revision as per the recommendations of 7th C.P.C.]
IB ACIO Recruitment Exam 2017 : Training & Postings
- Based on our research, the training of the selected candidates is done in 3 stages. These are as follows:-
- Phase- I Training ( Shivpuri, MP) : This is the most rigorous phase and involves both physical and theoretical training. Similar to training of defence cadets.
- Phase- II Training ( Delhi ) : This phase does not involve any physical training. Only theoretical classes are involved. On the successful completion of this stage, each ACIO is allotted a State/District and is then sent to that particular District IB Office for the next phase.
- Phase- III Training ( On the job training ) : Here, one can expect to learn to work under the guidance of a senior (mentor).
- As far as the postings are concerned, one must be ready to get posted to anyplace in the country : rural or urban.
- The job of an ACIO in the Intelligence Bureau, has a certain risk factor associated with it as one is required to deal with the unscrupulous elements of the society to gather intel.
IB ACIO Recruitment Exam 2017 : Promotions & Career Prospects
- ACIO-II to ACIO-I –> 3-4 Years (By Age 28)
- ACIO-I to DCIO –> 10 Years (By Age 38-40)
- DCIO to Assistant Director (Of Various Subsidiary IBs)
- Assistant Director to Joint Deputy Director
As far as career prospects are concerned, one can aim for joining various reputed agencies such as : RAW, NSG, SPG etc.
Hope this helps.
All the best!