The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts the PO and Clerk examinations annually. Both these examinations are very popular, which is why lakhs of candidates from all over the country prepare and appear for them.
This year the IBPS clerk exam is going to be tentatively held in December. No official dates have been declared yet, but candidates have already started preparing for the examination because of the increasing level of competition.
IBPS Clerk 2018 – Examination pattern
Candidates appearing for the IBPS clerk recruitment will have to sit for to papers- the preliminary paper and the main paper. The preliminary paper is comparatively shorter and more concise than the main paper which is longer and more detailed.
The Preliminary Paper- This is a 100 marks paper and the subjects it covers are English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Logical Reasoning. 1 hour is given to candidates to write the paper.
The main paper- This is a 200 marks paper and the subjects it covers are General English, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning and Computer Aptitude as well as General knowledge along with finance and banking awareness.
IBPS Clerk 2018 – Preparation
The 2017 examination papers were moderate in difficulty level and no question came from the computer aptitude syllabus. However, Computer aptitude is still an integral part of this year’s syllabus and should not be ignored by candidates.
There is plenty of study material available online that will help you prepare for the IBPS clerk recruitment examination. While you can refer to textbooks that you already have, there are a number of helpful e-books available online that have been compiled to help candidates prepare for the IBPS clerk exam specifically. You can refer to the e-book IBPS clerk examination preparation guide 2017, which will offer you important tips on how to prepare for the 2 papers so that you can come up with your own strategy.
There are also a number of IBPS clerk mock tests and practice sets that can be accessed online. These tests are quite comprehensive and comprise questions that are very similar to the questions that you will get in the final examination. Take these mock tests in an examination environment and assess yourself. Make note of questions that you did wrong and re-write the tests again after a few days, to see if you do better.
Some online resources that you can refer to when preparing for the IBPS clerk recruitment examination are-
- Free vocabulary quizzes
- A few quantitative formulae flash cards
- Everyday quizzes to improve quantitative ability
- e-book on 100 most popular idioms
- IBPS Exams 2017 : How To Increase RC Scores (Part-1)
- IBPS Exams 2017 : How To Increase RC Scores (Part-2)
Create and study plan once you start preparing for the IBPS clerk exam and keep taking mock tests online as an when you finish certain topics
- Crack IBPS Clerk 2020 Online Course – Join Now
- Join EDGE Courses for Bank Exams – Get personal mentoring by experts
- IBPS PO 2020 Mock Tests – Attempt a Free Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB PO Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB Assistant Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- Guarantee your success in 2020 with SBI PO Titan Course on EDGE + 30 Full-length SBI PO mock tests
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here