The IBPS Clerk Notification has been recently released and now is the best time to prepare general awareness for IBPS clerk 2018. However many of you might have started your preparation already.
We are confident that your following the IBPS Clerks Prelims Study Plan too. And if you haven’t by any chance, then start right away with the IBPS Clerk Prelims Study Plan.
This is an excellent opportunity for those who want to make their career in banking sector.
Oliveboard provides you the best platform to achieve your goal in the best possible way.
Today, in this blog, we shall focus on how to prepare general awareness for upcoming IBPS Clerk 2018 exam.
You must be thinking why to start to prepare general awareness section now when it is going to come in Mains exam. Right?
Well, owing to the vast syllabus and less time after Prelims, you must start now to complete majority of topics before Mains because you can never be too prepared, esp. for the Static portion as anything can be asked from anywhere.
Latest IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2018
Let us first have a look at the IBPS Clerk Mains exam pattern:
Name of Tests (not by sequence)
No. of Questions
Time allotted for each channel (separately timed)
|1||General and Financial Awareness||50||50||35 min|
|2||General English||40||40||35 min|
|3||Reasoning ability & Computer aptitude||50||60||45 min|
|4||Quantitative aptitude||50||50||45 min|
The above tests except the Tests of English Language will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi.
The IBPS Clerk General Awareness section is typically divided into two parts including the Static GK and current affairs and as you can see from the exam pattern, it would specially include financial awareness.
The static GK includes the various areas or parts such as:
- Important Articles in the Indian Constitution
- List of Bharat Ratna Award Winners
- List of Chief Ministers, Governors, and CJIs
- Important Acts of the Banking Sector
- Missiles of India
- List of Stadiums in India
- Indian Nobel Prize Winners
- State Symbols of India
- List of Bird Sanctuaries in India
- Banking Abbreviations (Volume IV)
- Banking Abbreviations (Volume III)
- Banking Abbreviations (Volume II)
- Banking Abbreviations (Volume I)
- Important Committees related to Banking and Finance
- Confusing Banking Terminologies
- GDP/GNP, NDP/NNP
- Important Banking Terms
- Bank mergers and MoUs
- Government Schemes and policies, etc.
Current Affairs would include topics from:
- Economic/Business News
- Sports News
- International News
- National/Government News
- Science/Technology News
- Awards and Honors
- Recent Bank MDs and CEOs
- New Appointments and Joining I and II: Download Free Ebook; etc.
The best way to keep pace with current affairs is to regularly read newspapers.
Reading newspapers would not help you keep updated with the recent happenings around the world but would also build your vocabulary, that’ll be very beneficial in the English Section.
Prepare General Awareness for IBPS Clerk – Recommended Newspapers
The Hindu, or Indian Express, or Economic Times
- Try to highlight topics or articles that are relevant for your examination.
- You can even write down the details of any news article and quickly go through it before exam.
- Revise every week to keep your memory fresh regarding all the issues.
Also, ensure that you check out the Free Static GK E-Books Download page regularly to download new ebooks as they become available.
Steps to Attempt IBPS Clerk Mock Tests :
- Login to Oliveboard
- Attempt IBPS Clerk Mock Tests
- Do Exam Analysis
- Get Expert Feedback on Weak Areas
- Compare Topper’s Time
- Take Revision Test
Hope this helps. All the best!
- Guarantee your success in 2020 with SBI PO Titan Course on EDGE + 30 Full-length SBI PO mock tests
- SBI PO Mock Recruitment drive – Thrill of full Recruitment process – Register Now
- Crack All IBPS Exams – Join Mega Banking Online Course Now
- IBPS PO 2020 Mock Tests – Attempt a Free Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB PO Mock Test – Attempt a FREE mock Test Now
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here