The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducted the mains phase of the recruitment exam for the clerks in Public Sector Banks. In this blog, we are going to provide you with detailed IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis 2019, that is going on today 19th Jan 2020 across the country. This detailed paper analysis will help you guide your preparations for the upcoming year as of what to prepare, how to prepare and what can be expected in the papers in 2020-21 cycle. Before moving onto the IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis 2019, let’s have a look at the IBPS Clerk Mains Exam pattern:
- IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis 2019 – Paper Pattern
- IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis 2019-20
- IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis 2019 – Section-Wise
IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis 2019 – Paper Pattern
The IBPS Clerk mains exam is distributed into 4 sections namely, General/Financial Awareness, General English, Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude & Quantitative Aptitude. Time allotment is variable to sections with an overall time of 2hrs and 40 minutes.
|Sr.No.||Name of Tests (Not by Sequence)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time allotted for each test (Separately timed)|
|1.||General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|2.||General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|3.||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|4.||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
Penalty: For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score.
IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis 2019-20
IBPS Clerk Exam Analysis has now officially concluded and the overall difficulty level stood at around easy-moderate level. Candidates were able to attempt a good number of questions. Below is the detailed review of the exam pattern.
IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis 2019 – Section-Wise
The IBPS Clerk Mains Exam consists of 4 sections namely, English, Reasoning, quant & GA. These sections are compiled to form a total of 200 marks. Candidates need to score certain marks to be able to qualify the mains round, although the marks will be specified by the IBPS Authorities in the due time.
Overall exam difficulty – Easy to Moderate
IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis 2019 For General English Section
The overall difficulty level of the examination stood at easy to moderate level and questions were distributed between topics like RC, cloze test, error detection, and Rearrangements.
- Reading Comprehensions (3 passages,1st on Failure & Success + 2nd on AI & 3rd on Coffee)- 15 questions
- Error Detection (Find the right part of the sentence) – 5 questions
- Cloze Test (health-related) – 5-6 questions
- Triple Fillers (3 different lines and 1 word for each blank) – 5 questions
- Para jumbles – 5 questions
- Sentence Rearrangement (Rearrange parts of sentence) – 3-4 questions
IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis 2019 For Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude Section
This section consisted of 50 questions with a total of 60 marks allotted to the section. The difficulty level was of easy-moderate level and consisted of questions based on puzzles on topics like linear & seating arrangement, box based & blood relation based puzzles.
- Puzzles (Blood Relation + Seating Arrangement (Linear+Circular) + Birthdate based puzzles)– 25 questions
- Floor based Questions – 2 questions
- Coding & Decoding (Symbols based on cards) – 2 questions
- Order Ranking – 1 question
- Coded direction sense – 5 questions
- Coded Inequality – 5 questions
- Numeric Series – 10 questions
IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis 2019 For Quantitative Aptitude Section Section
This section had 50 questions compiling a total of 50 marks. Overall difficulty level came around easy level as per student reviews. This was a bit different from the all-time pattern of ibps clerk mains for quantitative aptitude. Questions consisted of topics like DI, data sufficiency, approximations, etc.
- Data Interpretations (Caselet+ Table DI + Profit & Loss based DI+ Pie chart) – 20 questions
- Approximations – 6 questions
- Data Sufficiency – 4 questions
- Word Problems (Pipes & Cistern + Mensurations+ SI & CI) – 15 questions
- Miscellaneous – 5 questions
IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis 2019 For General/Financial Awareness Section
This section was overall of easy level. maximum current affairs were from last 3 months. It was an overall mix of current affairs and static GK. Here are a few questions that appeared in the examination.
Q1)Where is the HQ of IAEA?
Q2) Where is the HQ of NDB?
Q3) What is the full form of M in MDR?
Q4) What is the Full form of M in MANI?
Q5) Where is the HQ of SWIFT?
Q6) Who was given Nobel Prize for Literature in 2019?
Q7) Where is the Konark festival celebrated?
Q8) Where is the Great Himalayan National Park?
Q9) What day is celebrated on 10th Feb?
Q10) National Youth Day is celebrated to commemorate whom?
Q11) What is the capital requirement for SFB’s for on-tap licensing?
Few topics from which further questions were asked are as follows: Capital Cities, Nuclear Power plant, Folk dances, National parks, Abbreviations, Heritage sites, schemes related questions, etc.
That is all from us in this blog. We hope that the IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis 2019 provided here proves useful to you in the long run. This IBPS Clerk mains exam analysis 2019 is based on the details shared by the students who appeared for the paper. Keep checking the space for more information.
- Want to increase your Prelims score by +10?
Attempt Lockdown Live Tests – Free Daily All India Test Now
- GharPe Coaching 3.0 – Attend Free Live Classes for SBI PO & IBPS PO
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here
- UPSC EPFO EO 2020 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test