The IBPS RRB Office Assistant Mains 2018 is scheduled to be held on 7th Oct. 2018. With not-even-a-week left for the exam, we are sure that you have followed the IBPS RRB Assistant Study Plan and have already covered the entire syllabus along with your revision. As you are in the last phase of your preparation journey, you need to remind yourself that you have worked really hard for this exam and have to make the most of this last week. To assist you in this endeavour, we bring to you few last-minute tips to help you crack IBPS RRB Office Assistant Mains Exam 2018.
Let’s quickly go through the exam pattern first.
IBPS RRB Office Assistant 2018 Main Exam pattern
IBPS RRB Office Assistant 2018 Mains Exam Pattern
Name of Test
Medium of Exam
Number of Questions
|1||Reasoning Ability||Hindi/English||40||50||Total Time of 120 Minutes|
Penalty for Wrong Answer- For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score.
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Mains Exam Last Minute Tips
The reasoning section can be lengthy and time consuming. But at the same time, very scoring. Therefore, practice as many tests you can from logical and analytical reasoning, blood relations, syllogisms, circular seating arrangement, linear seating arrangement, coding decoding, inequalities etc. Try to attempt Topic Tests of Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 to master the topics.
This section will test your speed and accuracy both. Practice questions from data interpretation, simplification/approximation, percentage, average, simple interest, compound interest, profit and loss as many as you can in these last few days. Try to focus on improving your speed. For this, you have to get three things on your tips:
- Multiplication tables up to 25
- List of squares and cubes from 1 to 30
- Common percentages and their fractional & decimal equivalents
This is one section which helps the most in clearing the overall cut off. As the questions are factual, you either know the answers or you don’t know them. So, you can complete this section as quickly as possible. If you have prepared well, this section will also be your highest scoring section in IBPS RRB Office Assistant Mains Examination. For Current Affairs, thoroughly read Six months of current affairs, esp., of June, July, August, and September Monthly Current Affairs. Revise news from Economy, Budget, Politics, Agriculture, Science and Technology and more. Read Books and Authors, Countries and Capitals etc. Read various National and International Appointments done in this year. Download its free E-book. Go through your GK notes and make the most of it in these last few days.
Get thorough with the grammar rules and practice few tests to improve your confidence along with speed and accuracy before the exam.
For Hindi Language: IBPS RRB Mains परीक्षा : कैसे लाएं हिंदी भाषा मैं 30+ अंक ?
For English Language:
- Reading Comprehension (RC): If you do not have a plan, then it could be very time-consuming. Therefore, one common strategy which you can follow is to read the questions before reading the passage. What this would do is, give you an idea about the information/facts that you need to look for in the passage. It would save your valuable time and would help you cover the complete section as quickly as possible.
- Cloze Tests: To solve the questions of this topic, you should follow the method of elimination, which is cancelling out the incorrect option one by one until you have only 1 option left.
- Error spotting: For this, you would need to work on your grammar skills. A sound grammar knowledge would be enough for you to counter this question type.
- Work on your vocabulary by reading newspapers, going through synonyms and antonyms would also help you with acing the English section.
Go through all basic terms and revise your previous notes for the computer section. Download this Free eBook on Computer Knowledge and make the most of it.
Please keep in mind that, General Awareness along with English and Computer Knowledge are the sections where you can score the most in less time. So, attempt them accordingly.
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Mains – Toppers’ Time Management Technique
We checked the toppers’ (Top 5% or >95%ile) time allocation and this is broadly what many of them used as their approximate time allocation during the exam.
1) Numerical Ability: 39 min
2) Reasoning: 42 min
3) English Language: 17 min
4) General Knowledge: 12min
5) Computer Knowledge: 10 min
P.S. What works for some may not work for others. Use this only as a guideline & not as a target. If something is working well for you, you can continue to use the same strategy.
How to Attempt IBPS RRB Office Assistant Mains Exam
- Attempt your strongest section first. This will help build your confidence for the remainder of the test. Attempt the more demanding section in the middle as concentration levels tend to peak at that time.
- No blind guesswork. The number of questions you need to attempt cannot be pre-determined as it is a function of the level of difficulty. Just keep a fine balance of accuracy and speed.
- Do not get stuck on one questionand waste your time. You can always come back to it in case you have time left.
- Remember that you have clear both sectional and overall cutoffs. So, at the start make sure you attempt enough questions on each section and later on focus on clear the overall cutoffs by focusing on the stronger section.
Things to do Before Exam
- Practice Mock Tests
- Take proper diet.
- Be well rested.
- Avoid all sorts of negative thoughts.
Exam-Day Checklist for IBPS RRB Office Assistant Mains Exam
- Call letter with recent passport size photograph affixed thereon
- Photo identity proof (Original + Photocopy)
- One ball point pen
- Reach the centre in advance
This brings us to the end of the blog. Hope you find the information provided here useful. If you have any queries, write in the comment below.
All the best for exam!