As you all know, Indian Bank has released the notification inviting applications for the post of Probationary Officers for the year 2018-2019.
With just 2 months in hand, one cannot afford to lose any time, and must start preparing for Indian Bank PO 2018 exam from now onwards. We would be providing you with all the tips and strategies to fulfill your dream of entering into the banking sector.
This blog deals with the strategy to master General Awareness section. But before proceeding with the preparation strategies, let us first have a look at the exam pattern and the weightage it carries.
Indian Bank PO Mains
Indian Bank PO Exam Pattern – Mains
|Name of Test||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 Mins|
|General / Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 Mins|
|English Language||35||40||40 Mins|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||35||60||45 Mins|
|English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25||30 Minutes|
Penalty for Wrong Answers: One fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question may be deducted for each wrong answer given by the candidate.
Indian Bank PO Mains
Indian Bank PO: How to Prepare for General Awareness
From the exam pattern, it is clear that General awareness section would include variety of questions ranging from static GK, Current Affairs to Economy, and Banking Awareness. This is one section where you can score highest with thorough preparation.
Here are some topics which you must cover for General Awareness:
- Countries and currencies
- Awards & Honors
- Sports News
- Books & Their Authors
- Indian Constitution
- Financial Awareness
- Money Supply
- International Economy
- Indian Economy (Budgets and Surveys)
- History of Banking
- Banking Structure
- RBI Functions, Fiscal-Monetary Policies
- Banking Terms & Abbreviations
- International Organizations, Summits
- Committees & Recommendations
- Agreements & Memorandum of Understandings (MOUs)
- Science & Technology
- Current Affairs of last six months with special reference to Banking Industry
Indian Bank PO Mains on Oliveboard
General Awareness Section
|Topic||No. of Questions||Level|
Indian Bank PO: Tips & Strategies
- For Current Affairs, make a habit of reading newspaper on a daily basis. Try to highlight and jot down important news or events that you come across. Some of the Newspapers that would help you are:
- The Hindu
- Indian Express
- Live Mint
- Economic Times
You may read our article on How to Read Newspapers for General Awareness.
- Static GK covers numerous topics, and anything can be asked from anywhere. So, you need to have a smart- strategy while preparing for this section. Devoting quality time daily would help you perform well.
- For Banking Awareness and Economy, first make yourself acquainted with the banking terminologies, basics of economy, concepts, theories, etc., and then proceed for developmental changes that took place in Banking Industry. Based on the analysis of last year’s exam, almost 50% of the questions of GA were from Banking Awareness, which makes it essential to prioritize it while preparing.
- Practice what you have learnt. Solve Online Mock tests, which would not only improve your speed and accuracy, but would also provide personalised practice for topics in which you lag behind.
- Use internet wisely to search for topics of interest but do not indulge yourself only in collecting materials from different sources, and then not getting time to read them.
- Do not focus on Quantity, but on Quality time you give to your studies.
Indian Bank PO Mains
Indian Bank PO: Books and Resources
- NCERT Books of Economics from Class 9 and 12
- Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh
- India Yearbook 2018, published by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Govt of India.
- Chapter wise collection of over 6250 questions on Objective General Knowledge by Arihant
- Lucent’ General Knowledge
- Important Acts of the Banking Sector
- Oliveboard’s Economy Bolt
- Oliveboard Bolt – General Awareness
- Bolt – Monthly Current Affairs PDF
- OliveBoard’s Banking Awareness Notes
- Online Mock tests
Get Free Lessons for Indian Bank PO Mains on Oliveboard
That is all from us in this blog. Hope you find the information useful and implement the same while preparing for exam.
All the best.
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series
- IBPS PO Cracker – Enroll Now and get a Huge Discount
- Enroll for IBPS RRB Cracker Course for 2019 Officer and Assistant Exam preparation
- Preparing for EPFO SSA Exam? Attempt a Free Test here
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test
- Start Preparing for RBI Grade B 2019 Exam with a FREE Mock Test