Indian Bank has collaborated with Indian Bank Manipal School of Banking (IBMSB) and requested applications for the admission to a one year Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF) course. On completion of the course, the Successful Candidates would be placed as Probationary officers at Indian Bank Branches across the country. Anyone who aspires to join the banking sector should not miss out on this Golden opportunity. To assist you with the exam preparation we are providing you with Indian Bank PO preparation tips for each section of the prelims and main exam through our blogs. This blog deals with the Indian Bank PO Preparation tips for Quantitative Aptitude Section. Check out the following links for the preparation tips of English and Reasoning Section.
Indian Bank PO Exam Pattern – Prelims
|Name of Test||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||1 Hour|
Indian Bank PO Exam Pattern – Main
|Name of Test||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 Mins|
|General / Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 Mins|
|English Language||35||40||40 Mins|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||35||60||45 Mins|
|English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25||30 Minutes|
Indian Bank PO Preparation Tips – Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Quadratic Equations
- Simplification / Approximation
- Ratio & Proportion
- Time & Distance
- Profit & Loss
- Mixture & Allegation
- Number Series
- Pipes & Cisterns
- Problem on Ages
- Data Interpretation
- Time & Work
Indian Bank PO Preparation Tips – Books for Quantitative Aptitude
- R S Agarwal – Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive exams (No. 1 book for any exam)
- Kiran Publication’s Quantitative Aptitude Chapter-wise Solved Papers
- Arun Sharma’s book – How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT
Indian Bank PO Preparation Tips – 2017 prelims paper Analysis
No. of Questions
|Quadratic Equations||5||Easy to moderate|
|Miscellaneous (Ages, Averages, Profit and Loss, Ratio, SI and CI, Speed &Time, Time and Work, etc.)||10||Moderate|
Indian Bank PO Preparation Tips – General Tips
- Speed and accuracy are both of significant importance in this section, so it is necessary to practice using the formulae and shortcuts wherever applicable to solve the questions.
- Quantitative Aptitude has several guides on it which are based on the topics individually instead of focusing on the whole section generally. You may check out some of those like How to Solve Number Series Problems
- If you prefer to study through videos, you can check out the Must Watch Quantitative Aptitude Videos.
- For revisiting the main concepts like Quadratic Equations, Approximations, etc you can try the Oliveboard Video Course which consists of more than 200 videos that can be quite effective in helping you revise fast as they are short videos and are thus concise by nature.
- Ensure that every formula from the chapters you have covered should be in your memory clearly now. If not, make a list as soon as you can and revise them by the chapter.
- Data Interpretation is a topic in Quantitative Aptitude which can be quite difficult and time-consuming to answer unless you are familiar with all the various kinds of illustrations including graphs, bars, pie charts, etc. Therefore, practice questions that include DI questions from each and every kind of illustration. You can refer to How to Improve your Data Interpretation and Analysis?
- Identify speed breakers. Quantitative Aptitude section may have various speed breaker questions which will simply take too much time to solve and therefore it is best if such questions are omitted. Questions about topics such as Probability and Statistics may simply act as speed breakers. If there is a very difficult question that happens to be from the chapters that you have studied or practised from, it is most likely a speed breaker.
- Do not ignore quadratic equations. They are relatively easy to solve if you are simply aware of the formula to be used and applied in the questions. You can check out How to Approach Quadratic Equations Questions for more details on how to solve questions from this topic.
- “Practice, Practice and Practice” is the only mantra of success for acing the Quadratic Aptitude section. Therefore give as many Online Mock tests as possible. It will get you in the habit of solving online test papers.
That is all in this blog about the Indian Bank PO Preparation Tips for Quantitative Aptitude Section. We hope you implement these Tips in your preparation plan to achieve success.
All the Best
Interact with fellow aspirants in our discussion forum.