A Marketing Officer plays an important role in a bank. Increasing the sales of the bank to make it profitable, maintaining its brand value and identity among the prospective customers, taking care of advertising and social media are some of the major responsibilities of a marketing manager.
As you prepare for the interview, along with the general interview questions (Introduction, Strength/Weakness, Achievement, Banking Awareness etc), you can expect a few “job specific” questions. We have tried to compile some of them.
- Why have you applied for the post of Marketing Officer in a bank?
To answer this question, you must be well aware of the job profile and responsibilities of a Marketing Officer in a bank. Click here for the detailed analysis of job profile and responsibilities. Make sure you go through all the points mentioned. Also mention about your marketing experience during your summer internship and/or previous job.
2. Banking Terms and Awareness
Since you are applying for a bank job, you will be expected to know the basic banking terminology. We have compiled a list of expected questions. Click here to see.
3. Marketing terms and Theory
You should be aware of the following topics (not an exhaustive list) :-
- 4 P’s of Marketing
- Who is the Father of Marketing?
- Current approaches used in Marketing (for ex Social Media Marketing, Digital Marketing etc)
- Different types of Marketing Research (for ex Field Research, Desk Research etc)
- Marketing Plan and Strategies
- Customer Delivered Value, Total customer value, Total customer cost etc
- How to write a Marketing Plan
- What is CASA Ratio?
- Competitors- Laid-back competitor, Selective competitor, Tiger competitor, Stochastic competitor etc
- Identity and Image
- Major factors influencing the customer to choose a particular bank
- Decision Making Process
- Different types of Market and difference between them
Some of the other questions that may be asked are :-
- How will you bring more customers to the bank? What all strategies will you adopt?
- How will you convert a prospective customer?
- Do you know about a recent scheme launched by the bank? How will you convince a particular customer that the scheme is useful for him/her ?
- Tell us about a successful sale persuasion that you made.
- Tell us about a Marketing project that you handled during your MBA/at your work place.
- Why do you plan to leave your current job (for employed people) ?
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list and any questions within the scope can be asked. But it is always advisable to revise all the basic knowledge of Marketing that you have learnt during your MBA before heading out for interview.
Hope it helps.