The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) invites applications from eligible candidates for the recruitment of Assistant Managers.
In the following article, we are providing you details of the IRDAI Assistant Manager Exam dates, vacancies, selection procedure, exam pattern, etc.
- IRDAI Assistant Manager: Vacancies
- IRDAI Assistant Manager Exam: Important Dates (tentative)
- IRDAI Assistant Manager: Eligibility Criteria
- IRDAI Assistant Manager: Selection Process
- IRDAI Assistant Manager: Application fees
- IRDAI Assistant Manager: Salary & Perks
- IRDAI Assistant Manager: Roles & Responsibilities
- IRDAI Assistant Manager: Posting, Transfers & Career
IRDAI Assistant Manager Exam: Important Dates (tentative)
|Online Application Dates||15th Aug to 5th Sept 2017|
|Phase-1 Online Prelim Exam (Objective type)||4th Oct 2017|
Date of conduct of Phase-2 exam will be communicated later.
Age: (as on 5th Sept 2017)
21 to 30 years
Candidates should have been born not earlier than 6th Sept 1987 and not later than 5th Sept 1996 (both dates inclusive)
SC/ST: 5 years
OBC: 3 years
PwD: 10 years
|Specialization||No of posts||Qualification required|
|Actuarial||4||Graduate (60% marks), & pass in 9 papers of IAI Exam|
|Accounts||4||Graduate (60% marks), & ACA/AICWA/ ACMA/ACS/CFA|
|Legal||2||Graduate (60% marks) & LLB (60% marks)|
|General||20||Graduate (60% marks)|
|Name of the section||No of questions||Max marks||Duration|
Candidates have to qualify in each section separately and in aggregate as per cut off marks of each section & aggregate decided by IRDAI.
Negative marking: 1/4th mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Phase-1 is a qualifying paper. Marks obtained in Phase-1 will not be counted for interview or final selection. The exam will be bilingual (i.e., Hindi/English), except the English Language section.
Phase-2: Descriptive Exam
|Name of the section||Max marks||Duration||Type|
|English||100||60 mins||Descriptive: Question papers will be displayed on computer; to be written using pen and paper.|
|Economic and Social Issues impacting insurance||100||60 mins|
|Insurance and Management||100||60 mins|
Candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on aggregate marks obtained in the three sections of Phase-1 (descriptive exam).
The final selection will be on the basis of candidates performance in Phase-2 (descriptive exam) and interview.
IRDAI Assistant Manager: Application fees
Click here to apply: IRDAI Assistant Manager Application Link
IRDAI Assistant Managers get a starting basic pay of 28,150/- per month.
Initial monthly gross emoluments: 81,000/-
Perks: Dearness allowance, House rent allowance, City compensatory allowance, Grade allowance, Reimbursement of expenses, Leave travel concession, Loans at concessional rate of interest, etc.
Following are some of the responsibilities of an Assistant Manager in IRDAI:
- Interacting with existing and potential clients
- Formulating new schemes
- Inspecting policies
- Internal communications about policies & schemes
- Executing other tasks delegated by senior authorities
After selection, Assistant Managers will have to undergo a probation of 1 year (which can be extended; maximum 2 years). Posting can be done in any office of IRDAI. The candidates are liable to be transferred from one department or office to another during any time in their career.
There are reasonable prospects for promotion to higher grades.
Download the above as a PDF to keep it handy!
We wish you all the very best!
- Want to increase your Prelims score by +10?
Attempt Lockdown Live Tests – Free Daily All India Test Now
- GharPe Coaching 3.0 – Attend Free Live Classes for SBI PO & IBPS PO
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here
- UPSC EPFO EO 2020 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test