Dear Aspirants, We all are excited for the upcoming ESIC SSO Mains Exam 2018 which is going to be held on 15th December. With just 4 days left for the exam, we are sure that you all would be busy in revising & practicing Mock Tests. Wondering how you would perform in the real exam? Here we bring to you some Last Minute Tips for ESIC SSO Mains Exam to help you give your best shot on the final day.
But before starting let us glance through the exam pattern-
Phase 2 of ESIC SSO Recruitment 2018 – Main Exam
|Name of Test||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration||Language|
|Reasoning/ Intelligence||40||60||35 Minutes||English & Hindi|
|Quantitative Aptitude||40||60||35 Minutes||English & Hindi|
|English Language||30||40||30 Minutes||English|
|General/ Economy/ Financial/ Insurance Awareness||40||40||20 Minutes||English & Hindi|
Practice as many tests you can from logical and analytical reasoning, blood relations, syllogisms, circular seating arrangement, linear seating arrangement, coding decoding, inequalities etc. This section can be time-consuming and lengthy, therefore, make sure you pick and attempt wisely.
The key to successfully clearing the English section is having strong basics. Go through your English notes, grammar rules and practice few tests to improve your confidence along with speed and accuracy before the exam.
This section will test your speed and accuracy both. Practice as many questions as you can, especially from percentage, average, simple interest and profit & loss, in these last three days.
General/ Economy/ Financial/ Insurance Awareness
Revise at least last three-months current affairs. Go through your GK notes. Check Economy Bolt, Banking Bolt, Monthly Current Affairs Bolt and Insurance Awareness notes for quick revision. Practice Free GK Quiz.
Last Minute Tips for ESIC SSO MAINS 2018: How to Attempt the Exam
- No blind guesswork. The number of questions you need to attempt cannot be pre-determined as it is a function of the level of difficulty. Just keep a fine balance of accuracy and speed. Remember that there is 1/4thof negative marking for every wrong answer. Therefore, avoid guess work as much possible. Accuracy is as important as speed in this exam. Try the elimination method to eliminate 2-3 options before making calculated guesses, and refrain from any blind guesswork.
- Do not get stuck on one question and waste your time. You can always come back to it in case you have time left.
- Remember that you have to clear both sectional and overall cut-offs. So, at the start make sure you attempt enough questions on each section.
Last Minute Tips for ESIC SSO MAINS 2018: General Tips
Avoid New Topics
Do not start any new topic now. Any new thing that you would try learning now may not properly be retained. Try to revise whatever you have studied till now and get command over it.
Take Mock Tests
Take full-length mock tests after your preparation to measure your progress. Oliveboard’s Mock tests would provide you instant feedback in the form of analytics, which will help you determine your speed & accuracy in solving questions and identify your strong and weak areas. So practice as many mock tests as you can in these last few days.
Do not take it lightly and leave it for the last day. Revise all the concepts, formula, shortcuts and tricks so that you don’t forget them. Highlight the important points.
Make a Separate Note
Write the formula, shortcuts, tricks, etc. on a separate paper so that you can quickly go through it before the exam.
Time is a crucial factor and it is easy to lose track while writing an exam. This is where your practice will show results. Manage it properly.
Speed and Accuracy
Speed and accuracy is one aspect that would outshine your performance. Practicing daily would help you in this regard. Try to attempt maximum number of questions with 100% accuracy because in an exam like this, you cannot afford to lose even one-fourth of marks.
Read the Question Properly
Understand what is written in the question. Do no hastily skip the question just by looking at it. You might just be able to do it if you read it properly. So, before skipping, read it carefully because sometimes the questions that look difficult, are actually easy to solve, especially Puzzles.
Avoid Stress and Anxiety
It’s imperative to stay calm and composed. Do not get too excited or too worried. Doing some light exercise or meditation would help you.
Stay Away from Negative Thoughts
Try to stay away from negative thoughts or people that demotivate you. Have confidence that you have given your best & your hard-work will bear fruits.
Take a well-balanced diet. Avoid oily and sugary snacks. Stay well hydrated.
Relax and Rest:
Do not let anxiety ruin your preparation. Keep reminding yourself that there is nothing that you cannot achieve. Make sure you don’t deprive yourself of sleep. Taking proper sleep would improve your concentration and help you remember things easily.
Keep your Call letter, recent passport size photograph, Photo identity proof (Original + Photocopy), Ball Point Pen (all things that are mentioned in your call letter to carry on the day of exam) in your bag before the day of exam so that you may not forget any of these in hurry. It is better to reach the Examination Centre in advance than getting late. So, leave early to avoid getting stuck in the traffic.
- Call Letter
- Photograph (if mentioned)
- ID Proof
- Ball pen
- Reach the centre in advance
This brings us to the end of the blog. Hope you find the ESIC SSO MAINS 2018 Last Minute Tips provided here useful. If you have any queries, write in the comment below.
All the Best!
- Crack IBPS Clerk 2020 Online Course – Join Now
- Join EDGE Courses for Bank Exams – Get personal mentoring by experts
- IBPS PO 2020 Mock Tests – Attempt a Free Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB PO Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB Assistant Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- Guarantee your success in 2020 with SBI PO Titan Course on EDGE + 30 Full-length SBI PO mock tests
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here