The blog will provide you with important tips for the LIC HFL Assistant 2018 Exam preparation of Numerical Ability section. The Exam Syllabus, Books and Resources, Previous year Exam paper Analysis, General Tips about Numerical Ability given below would be a valuable addition to your LIC HFL Assistant 2018 Exam preparation. So let us begin –
Check official LIC Housing Finance Limited Recruitment Notification here.
LIC HFL Assistant 2018 Exam Preparation – Exam Pattern
|Section||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration|
|English Language||50||50||35 Mins|
|Logical Reasoning||50||50||35 Mins|
|General Awareness||50||50||15 Mins|
|Numerical Ability||50||50||35 Mins|
LIC HFL Assistant 2018 Exam Preparation – Numerical Ability Syllabus
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Quadratic Equations
- Problem on Ages
- Number Series
- Simplification/ Approximation
- Data Interpretation
- Data Sufficiency
- Boats & Streams
- Speed, Time & Distance
- Profit, Loss & Discount
- Mixture & Allegations
- Ratio & Proportion
LIC HFL Assistant 2018 Exam Preparation – Numerical Ability Books
- R S Agarwal – Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive exams (No. 1 book for any exam)
- Kiran Publication’s Quantitative Aptitude Chapter-wise Solved Papers
- Arun Sharma’s book – How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT
- Solve Numerical Ability Questions through Online Mock Tests
LIC HFL Assistant 2018 Exam Preparation – Sectional Analysis of 2017 Exam Paper
No. of Questions
LIC HFL Assistant 2018 Exam Preparation – General Tips
- Speed and accuracy are both of significant importance in this section, so it is necessary to practice using the formulae and shortcuts wherever applicable to solve the questions.
- Numerical Ability has several guides on it which are based on the topics individually instead of focusing on the whole section generally. You may check out some of those like How to Solve Number Series Problems
- If you prefer to study through videos, you can check out the Must Watch Numerical Ability Videos.
- For revisiting the main concepts like Quadratic Equations, Approximations, etc you can try the Oliveboard Video Course which consists of more than 200 videos that can be quite effective in helping you revise fast as they are short videos and are thus concise by nature.
- Ensure that every formula from the chapters you have covered should be in your memory clearly now. If not, make a list as soon as you can and revise them by the chapter.
- Data Interpretation is a topic in Numerical Ability which can be quite difficult and time-consuming to answer unless you are familiar with all the various kinds of illustrations including graphs, bars, pie charts, etc. Therefore, practice questions that include DI questions from each and every kind of illustration. You can refer to How to Improve your Data Interpretation and Analysis?
- Identify speed breakers. Numerical Ability section may have various speed breaker questions which will simply take too much time to solve and therefore it is best if such questions are omitted. Questions about topics such as Probability and Statistics may simply act as speed breakers. If there is a very difficult question that happens to be from the chapters that you have studied or practised from, it is most likely a speed breaker.
- Do not ignore quadratic equations. They are relatively easy to solve if you are simply aware of the formula to be used and applied in the questions. You can check out How to Approach Quadratic Equations Questions for more details on how to solve questions from this topic.
- “Practice, Practice and Practice” is the only mantra of success for acing the Numerical Ability section. Therefore give as many Online Mock tests as possible. It will get you in the habit of solving online test papers.
That is all in about the LIC HFL Assistant 2018 Exam Preparation Tips for Numerical Ability section of the exam. We hope you implement these Tips in your preparation plan to achieve success. All the best for the Exam.