Preparing for CAT, NMAT or SNAP this year? While few might have already kick started your preparation journey, many of you might be just postponing your preparation journey to the next week. Start your preparation; the sooner, the better. Here’s a post on books and online resources for MBA preparation that will help you get started with the preparation journey.
Most of the MBA exams include the below sections:
- Logical Reasoning
- Abstract Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Verbal Ability /Reading Comprehension
Books for MBA Preparation
- How to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT by Arun Sharma
- Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude for CAT by Nishit Sinha
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R.S. Aggarwal
Verbal Ability and Reasoning
- How to prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT by Arun Sharma
- Pearson Guide to Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning for CAT by Nishit Sinha
While the below books will not help you prepare as such for MBA entrance exams. These will help you brush up the basic knowledge so that you can improve your hold over English Grammar.
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin
- A Communicative Grammar of English by Geoffrey Leech
Other than traditional books, there are a lot of magazines (online and offline) and online websites that can help you during your MBA preparation. Listed below are few most recommended ones.
Business Magazines for MBA Preparation
- Business Line by The Hindu Group
- Business Today by India Today Group
- Business World
- Management Compass Career Launcher
- Business & Management Chronicle by Chronicle Publications
- Competition Success Review
Newspapers for MBA Preparation
- The Hindu
- Economics Times
- The Statesman
Online Resources for MBA Preparation
- Articles in Literature
- Bloomberg Editorials
- Oliveboard MBA Mock Tests
Hope this helps!
Oliveboard is a learning & practice platform for premier entrance exams. We have helped over 1 crore users since 2012 with their Bank, SSC, Railways, Insurance, Teaching and other competitive Exams preparation.
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series