NABARD has released the notification for the recruitment of Development Assistant. The exam is slated to be conducted in October 2019, which leaves you with a little over a month to prepare for it. The exam will be conducted in two phases, I and II. We have already shared with you NABARD Development Phase I Study Plan, but one should not wait for Phase I to get over so that preparation for Phase II gets started. In fact, we have mentioned in NABARD Development Assistant Phase I Study Plan that start studying General Awareness along with Phase I preparation because its syllabus is pretty vast and it would be difficult to mug up everything after Phase I. So, today we’ll share with you the Preparation Strategy for General Awareness in NABARD Development Assistant Phase II.
Let us first go through the NABARD Development Assistant Phase II Exam Pattern
- 1/4th mark will be deducted as penalty for each wrong answer.
Mains Exam would include Objective test as well Descriptive test of English Language. General Awareness carries more weightage than Reasoning, Quant and Computer knowledge section, which needs no special mentioning that it requires extra attention. Hence, it becomes imperative that we start preparing for it from now on to get the syllabus completed before exam.
Topics to study for General Awareness in NABARD Development Assistant Phase II
Topics for General Awareness section would include current affairs, Static G.K. with special reference to Agriculture, Rural Development and Banking.
The syllabus broadly covers:
|Plant Physiology||Physiology of Seed Development and Germination|
|Agronomy||Soils of India|
|Soil Science||Soil erosion and its management|
|Ecology & Climate||Plant Pathology|
|Plant quarantine measures||Agriculture Engineering|
|Plant Breeding||Crop production; seasonal crops|
|Cropping patterns in different Agro-climatic zones of the country; Types of Cropping System||Types of Farming; Precision Farming, System of Crop Intensification, Organic Farming|
|Forestry; Forest products||Agriculture extension|
|Soil-water-plant Relationship||Irrigation projects in India|
|Rain water Harvesting||Dry Land Agriculture and its Problems|
|Environmental pollution and its effect on Crops||Rural Agricultural Development Plans|
|Role of Agriculture in Economic Development||Rural Banks|
|Rural Credit Structure – Formal and Informal||Revolutions related to Agricultural Sector|
|Government Policies and Schemes for Agricultural Development||Development Programmes including Poverty Alleviation and Rural Employment|
|Daily Current Affairs||Miscellaneous|
Books and Resources
Agriculture at a Glance – R.K. Sharma
Rural Development: Indian Context – IGNOU Notes by GPH Panel of Experts
NABARD and its Significance in Agriculture – S.K. Chaudhary
Topic of Agriculture from NCERT Book
Newspaper: to prepare for NABARD Development Assistant Exam, one must have complete knowledge of the latest events or current affairs in addition to their static knowledge. The idea behind reading a newspaper is to understand and be completely aware regarding the current affairs that are happening or taking place in the country. The recommended option is ‘The Hindu’ but ‘Indian Express’ works as well.
- Download Monthly Free Oliveboard’s Daily Current Affairs
- Economic Survey : the economic survey need not be studied in its entirety, but only the main focus should be on the rural economy and development of India.
- Union Budget : like the economic survey, the Union Budget too could be marked as important but only to those parts wherein the discussion pertains to agriculture and rural development in India.
- Ministry of Rural Development Website
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Website
- Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change Website
- NABARD Website
- Oliveboard Mock Tests
Oliveboard Mock Tests
Oliveboard Mock Tests is the last source because this will help you essentially revise your portions by practicing them. If you go through all the sources from 1-7 but do not practice the questions related to them, there is simply no point. Hence, the test package shall help you check whether your revisions have been thorough or not.
Mock tests are a must and are the most important preparation resource available.
Mock tests help you:
- Determine the topics that you can expect in the exam
- Improve your speed and accuracy
- Familiarize your with the exam pattern and difficulty level
- Identify your strong and weak areas to fine-tune your preparation
- Gives you opportunity to get Expert Feedback
Now that you are well aware of the Preparation Strategy for General Awareness in NABARD Development Exam, it is time for you to start preparing for NABARD Development Assistant Phase I and II Exam. Take Oliveboard Free Mock test to get started.
- Mixed farming incorporates mixture or combination of which of the following?
- Crops and Forest Trees
- Different varieties of crops
- Crops and Horticulture plants
- Crops and livestock
- None of the above
- Which of the following is the term for a whole farm management system which aims to deliver more sustainable agriculture?
- Community Farming
- Social Farming
- Complete Farming
- Holistic Farming
- Integrated Farming
NABARD Development Assistant 2019 Exam Preparation
Start preparing today with Oliveboard’s Mock Tests. You will get access to:
- 5 Mock Tests for NABARD Assistant 2019 Prelims
- 5 Mock Tests for NABARD Assistant 2019 Mains
- All Topic Tests
- Sectional Tests
- GK Supplement with 2500 questions
- Video Crash course – 200+ Videos
- Lessons on All Topics
How to Attempt Mock Test Series
- Try Topic Test of different Difficulty Level
- Get Expert Feedback in your Weak Areas
- Take Revision Tests on Topics your weak at.
- Compare your timings with Topper’s-Time on every question
Also, interact with fellow aspirants in our discuss forum.
To get free study materials and daily updates on your mobile, download Oliveboard Mobile App
All the best!
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series
- Prepare for RBI Assistant 2019 Exam with Mock Tests & Live Classes Here
- SSC CGL Brahamstra – Join Practice-based Online Tuition for SSC CGL 2019-20 Exam
- Attempt a Free IBPS Clerk Mains Mock Test here
- SSC CHSL 2019 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test