The New India Assurance Company Limited has announced 312 vacancies for the post of Administrative Officer – AO (Generalists and Specialists) in various disciplines. It has released the official notification for the NIACL AO Recruitment 2018. There are many aspiring candidates looking forward to applying for the exam. During this course, they might come across various questions. We are trying to help by providing the most frequently asked questions. Here are the NIACL AO exam details – FAQs to clear all your doubts.
Also Check Study Plan for NIACL AO Prelims 2018
Which posts are available in this recruitment drive?
The recruitment process is done for selection of candidates for Officers (Generalist and Specialist) in Scale-I Cadre:
- Generalist– 245
- Finance & Accounts- 35
- Legal- 30
- Company Secretary- 2
When will the registration for the exam start?
Registration will start from 10th Dec 2018 and will end on 26th Dec 2018.
How to register for the NIACL AO 2018 exam?
What is the application fee?
The application fee is Rs. 100/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates and Rs. 600/- for others.
How many vacancies are there?
The total of 312 vacancies has been declared in the NIACL AO 2018 Notification. The discipline-wise distribution of vacancies is given below –
|Finance & Accounts||35|
What is the age eligibility criteria for NIACL AO 2018 exam?
Minimum Age: 21 years
Maximum Age: 30 years
Both Min. and Max. Age would be calculated as on 01.12.2018, i.e. a candidate must have been born not earlier than 2nd Dec-1988 and not later than 1st Dec-1997 (both dates inclusive).
Is there any age relaxation?
Yes, there is relaxation in the upper age limit.
What is the mandatory educational qualification for the NIACL AO exam?
- Generalists – A candidate must possess the minimum qualification of a graduate/post graduate in any discipline from a recognised University or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by Central Government with at least 60% marks in either of the degree examination for General candidates and at least 55% marks for SC/ST/PwBD candidates.
- Company Secretary – ACS/FCS from ICSI and Graduation/Post-graduation in any discipline with min 60%
- Legal – Graduate/Post-graduate in Law with min 60% (55% for SC/ST/PwBD)
- Finance & Accounts – Chartered Accountant (ICAI) and Graduation/Post-graduation in any discipline with min 60% (55% for SC/ST/PwBD) Or Cost and Management Accountant (The Institute of Cost Accountants of India, earlier known as ICWAI) and Graduation/Post-graduation in any discipline with min 60% (55% for SC/ST/PwBD) Or MBA Finance/PGDM FINANCE* with min 60% (55% for SC/ST/PwBD) Or M.COM with min 60% (55% for SC/ST/PwBD)
Note: Candidate should know how to read and write the official language of the state for which they wish to apply.
I have scored 55% in graduation? Am I eligible for the exam?
No, percentage criterion defined for eligibility by NIACL is 60% in Graduation for General category and 55% marks for SC/ST/PwBD candidates..
What is the selection process in NIACL AO 2018 Exam?
The NIACL AO 2018 Recruitment will be having 3 Phase
Phase 1 – Prelims Exam (Objective Test)
Phase 2 – Main Exam (Objective and Descriptive Test)
Phase 3 – Interview
When will be the exam conducted?
The tentative dates are announced for both NIACL AO prelims and main exam:
- Phase 1 Exam Date – 30th Jan 2019
- Phase 2 Exam Date – 2nd March 2019
What is the exam pattern for NIACL AO 2018 prelims exam?
Is the exam bilingual?
Yes, the tests except English will be available in Hindi and English language.
Will there be any interview after the Mains exam?
Yes, there will be an Interview round for the NIACL AO recruitment.
Will the exam be conducted online or offline (OMR based)?
The exam (both prelims and mains) will be conducted Online. Main Examination will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 30 marks. Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online.
Is there any negative marking in the exam?
Yes, there is negative marking in the objective tests. For each incorrect answer, one-fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to the question will be deducted.
What is the syllabus for NIACL AO 2018 – Prelims & Mains exam?
What is the job profile of an officer selected in the NIACL recruitment process?
Is it possible to clear NIACL AO in first attempt?
Why not? As most of your doubts are cleared regarding NIACL AO, Start preparing with all your heart and soul. Make an effective study plan for yourself or take help of the Study Plan for NIACL AO designed by us and follow it with full dedication. Remember that just the decision of applying for exam has brought you a step closer to your dream. So, don’t let any negative feeling demotivate you at any point of time. Give your best and Leave the rest!
These are few of the most frequently asked questions around NIACL AO 2018 exam. If there is any other question that is not available in this post, feel free to post one in Oliveboard’s discussion forum and we will address it shortly. If you want to connect directly with the faculty, follow our Telegram group (Install Telegram and Join obbanking).
You can also refer to NIACL AO 2018 Official Notification.
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series
- IBPS PO Cracker – Enroll Now and get a Huge Discount
- Enroll for IBPS RRB Cracker Course for 2019 Officer and Assistant Exam preparation
- Preparing for EPFO SSA Exam? Attempt a Free Test here
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test
- Start Preparing for RBI Grade B 2019 Exam with a FREE Mock Test