The notification for NIACL Assistant 2018 was released today. For those who want to build a career in the Insurance sector, this is one of the best opportunities. This year, 685 vacancies have been announced by the NIACL for recruitment to the post of assistant. Since this is a highly competitive exam, we recommend that you start your preparation right away!
And to help you structure your preparation better, here we bring to you preparation tips and strategy by yesteryears’ toppers. So, just read along!
Topper Strategy 1: Abhay Pandey (Currently Working As NIACL Assistant In Delhi)
NIACL Assistant QUANT Strategy
The strategy is very simple. Make your basic concepts of each topic crystal clear and then make your calculation super-fast by practicing. I did this with the help of OLIVEBOARD sectional tests as they are of excellent quality.
NIACL Assistant REASONING Strategy
Nowadays reasoning is all about the presence of mind and how well you can adapt to new question patterns, as we can see all new types of questions in every exam. This I did by practicing different types of questions in OLIVEBOARD reasoning practice sets.
NIACL Assistant ENGLISH Strategy
Only advice is to read and read more. Read whatever you can get your hands on. You will see improvement in your English section. I would suggest Oliveboard practice set as their user interface and analysis is very good.
ADVICE FOR ASPIRANTS
Yes, it is True that “HARD WORK PAYS OFF” I think you all must be knowing this proverb, but I would like to add something to this ” YOU NEED TO HAVE PATIENCE” and don’t give heed to what people say about you, you must be sure of your abilities that you will achieve one day what you aspire for, don’t let your determination shake.
Topper Strategy 2: Amol Tamhankar (Currently Working As NIACL Assistant In Delhi)
A 2014 Computer Engineering Graduate from SRM University, Chennai, Amol worked with a leading private software giant for a year before quitting to prepare full time for civil services exam. He also appeared for other banking and insurance exams and finally found a place in NIACL Assistant exam and has commenced office.
Amol Says: I have heavily relied on Oliveboard for preparation. I was very much satisfied with the quality of the questions, the feedback, and the test-taking portal. Along with the mock tests, many sectional topic wise tests are also provided for all the areas which are helpful to solidify the understanding of those topics.
Following are some books I perused for my preparation.
– RS Agarwal Quant book and Arun Sharma for CAT quant book
– RS Agarwal verbal reasoning book
– Any grammar book like Wren and Martin or Objective English for competitive exams
– GK capsules from any good online sources
– Mocks from websites like Oliveboard
– YouTube videos, guidance from material providers, Oliveboard, successful candidates etc.
2. Performance in competitive exams is as much a matter of luck as hard work. Chances are the person who tops any officer level exam may not qualify another assistant level exam on a bad day. So, I would request anyone appearing in the exams to have patience and keep trying till the final destination is reached. Competition is very tough and patience is as crucial as hard work.
Hard work is as important as smart work. While referring to books to learn/brush-up concepts is important, it is equally important to take ‘timed’ practice tests to get the ‘feel’ of the real exam. Practice tests also prepare you for different kinds of questions of varying difficulty levels.
Hope this helps.
All The Very Best!
- Join EDGE Pro Course for Bank Exams – Get personal mentoring by experts
- IBPS PO 2020 Mock Tests – Attempt a Free Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB PO Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB Assistant Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- Guarantee your success in 2020 with SBI PO Titan Course + 30 Full length SBI PO mock tests
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here