IBPS RRB Office Assistant 2018 Mains are scheduled to be held on 7th October 2018. Instead of waiting for the result of IBPS RRB Office Assistant Prelims Exam, we suggest you to start your preparation for the Main Examination as soon as you are done with your IBPS RRB Assistant Prelims. Today in this blog, we would discuss with you the Preparation Strategy for IBPS RRB Assistant 2018 Main Exam. This would give you the clear idea on how to approach the IBPS RRB Assistant Exam with the right strategy.
Let us have a look at the exam pattern first.
- IBPS RRB Office Assistant 2018 Main Exam pattern
- Preparation Strategy for IBPS RRB Assistant 2018 Main Exam
- IBPS RRB Assistant 2018 Main Exam – Reasoning
- IBPS RRB Assistant 2018 Main Exam – Quantitative Aptitude
- IBPS RRB Assistant 2018 Main Exam – General Awareness
- IBPS RRB Assistant 2018 Main Exam– English Language
- IBPS RRB Assistant 2018 Main Exam – Hindi Language
- IBPS RRB Assistant 2018 Main Exam – Computer Knowledge
Latest Update | IBPS RRB 2021
Prepare for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains Exam with Mock Test Series and Courses.
IBPS RRB Office Assistant 2018 Main Exam pattern
IBPS RRB Office Assistant 2018 Mains Exam Pattern
Name of Test
Medium of Exam
Number of Questions
|1||Reasoning Ability||Hindi/English||40||50||Total Time of 120 Minutes|
Penalty for Wrong Answer- For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score.
Cut Off- Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum score in each test of Online Main examination to be shortlisted for provisional allotment. Depending on the number of vacancies available in each state, candidates will be shortlisted for provisional allotment.
Marks obtained only in the main examination will be considered
Preparation Strategy for IBPS RRB Assistant 2018 Main Exam
Before start preparing, it is important to have a clear understanding of the topics to prepare for that particular exam. We have compiled the list of topics for IBPS RRB Assistant 2018 Main Exam to pinpoint your preparation in that direction. Go through the topics and reference study materials to kick-start your preparation journey.
IBPS RRB Assistant 2018 Main Exam – Reasoning
- Seating arrangement (circular & linear)
- Coding decoding
- Data sufficiency
- Alphanumeric series
- Alphabet test
- Coded inequalities
- Blood relations
- Logical reasoning.
- Test of Reasoning- Edgar Thorpe
- Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-verbal Reasoning- R.S. Agarwal
- Bank Clerk Preliminary Examination- Arihant
- Bank Clerk Reasoning Chapter-wise Solved Papers 2003 – Till Date – Kiran Publication
- Oliveboard Reasoning Test
IBPS RRB Assistant 2018 Main Exam – Quantitative Aptitude
- Quadratic equations
- Data sufficiency
- Data interpretation
- Number series
- Problems on ages
- Ratio and proportion
- Mixture & allegation
- Profit and loss
- Work and time
- Simple and compound interest
- Time and distance
- Boats and streams/Train
- Quantitative Aptitude- R.S. Agarwal
- Magical Book on Quicker Mathematics- M Tyra
- Topic-wise Solved Papers for IBPS/SBI PO/Clerk Prelims/Mains Quantitative Aptitude- Disha Experts
Note: If you have studied well for Reasoning and Numerical Ability while preparing for the IBPS RRB Office Assistant 2018 Prelims, you do not have to worry much during the IBPS RRB Office Assistant 2018 Mains because the same topics are repeated in Mains.
IBPS RRB Assistant 2018 Main Exam – General Awareness
- Banking Awareness
- Financial Awareness
- Schemes and Policies
- Current Affairs
- Static Awareness
- Read Newspaper daily: Economic Times, The Hindu
- Oliveboard Daily GK and Current Affairs
- Bolt – Monthly Current Affairs PDF
- Oliveboard Static GK
- Oliveboard Banking Awareness
IBPS RRB Assistant 2018 Main Exam– English Language
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Sentence Errors
- Vocabulary based questions
- Sentence Improvement
- Jumbled Paragraph
- Word Usage
- Paragraph related questions
- English Grammar and Composition- Wren & Martin
- 100 important idioms
- Oliveboard’s YouTube Playlist – English Language
IBPS RRB Assistant 2018 Main Exam – Hindi Language
- विपरीतार्थक शब्द
- पर्यायवाची शब्द
- मुहावरे तथा लोकोक्तियां
- गुढार्थी (क्लोज टाइप) प्रकार का गद्यांश
- वाक्यक्रम व्यवस्थापन
- वाक्यों में त्रुटियाँ
- वाक्यों में रिक्त-स्थानों की पूर्ति
- वर्तनी अशुद्धियाँ
- वाक्यांश के लिए एक शब्द
- अपठित गद्यांश
- Lucent’s सामान्य हिन्दी (Samanya Hindi)
- सामान्य हिन्दी – Arihant
IBPS RRB Assistant 2018 Main Exam – Computer Knowledge
- History and Generation of Computers
- Introduction to Computer Organisation
- Computer Memory
- Computer Hardware and I/O Devices
- Computer Software
- Computer Languages
- Operating System
- File Extensions
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Computer Network
- MS Office Suite and Shortcut keys
- Basics of DBMS
- Number System and Conversions
- Computer Viruses
- Computer and Network Security
Once you have gone through the topics, we suggest you follow the Study Plan of IBPS RRB Assistant 2018 Main Exam to kick-start your exam preparation journey.
- Follow a systematic & integrated approach.
- First take a free mock test and analyze your weak topics which you need to work on. Focus on these areas.
- Revision is an important aspect of preparation. So, keep revising whatever you learn.
- Solving previous year question paper will familiarize you with the question patterns and difficulty levels. So, once you are done learning all the concepts and practicing sufficient questions from each topic, we suggest you solve the previous year question papers.
- Take full-length mock tests after your preparation to measure your progress. Mock tests provide you instant feedback in the form of analytics, which will help you determine your speed & accuracy in solving questions and identify your strong and weak areas.
- Apart from knowledge and understanding on the particular topic, time-management is also a crucial part of IBPS exam. Do not waste too much time on one question. Answer the ones you know first because in an exam like this, you cannot afford to lose much time.
That is all from us in this blog. Hope you find the information useful.
Let us know if you have any doubts & queries regarding the exam.
Interact with fellow aspirants in our discussion forum. All the best!
Read Also – IBPS RRB Online Preparation
- IBPS Clerk 2021 Mock Test: Attempt Now
- IBPS PO 2021 Mock Test: Attempt Now
- SBI PO 2021 – Attempt Free Mock Test Here
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क UP पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क राजस्थान Gram Sevak मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क UP Lekhpal मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें