Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) has released application for MBA 2019-2021 programme sometime back. The written examination is scheduled to be held on 2nd December 2018. Interested aspirants might have already started preparing for IIFT 2018. To help you, here we bring to you this post preparation strategy for IIFT 2018. Let’s glance through the exam pattern first.
IIFT Exam Pattern
|English Grammar, Vocabulary and Comprehension||Multiple Choice Questions||English||2 Hours|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs|
Data Interpretation and Quantitative Analysis
- Quantitative Ability:This section is considered as one of the most challenging ones in most of the competitive exams. It includes questions that needs in-depth calculations.
- Logical Reasoning:This section usually has a good mix of puzzles, input-output problems and other questions. Choosing the right questions is the key in this section.
- Data Interpretation:This section is full of intense calculation of data sets. These are usually time question and consumes the maximum time during the exam. Calculation shortcuts and Vedic math tricks come handy for this section.
Few Tips to Improve your Calculation Speed
- Memorize all the multiplication tables up to 20, squares up to 30, cubes up to 20 and fraction tables
- Include calculations in your everyday life to improve your skills
- Continuous practice is necessary. This will help one identify pattern and thus develop tricks of their own
- Make notes of important quant formulas and keep revising
- Attempt as many mock tests you can and analyse your performance and speed after every mock.
This section usually includes 4 passages. The Verbal and RC section normally is the easiest to tackle in IIFT. The passages are usually straight-forward and questions are mostly of moderate level. Sentence jumbles, Direct-Indirect speech translation, forming meaningful words based on number codes and Latin Phrases were some new question types introduced in IIFT 2011 syllabus.
Candidate with a regular habit of reading newspapers usually find this section easy. One needs to be aware of the current happenings and popular news to crack this section.
Download Oliveboard Bolt – Free Monthly Current Affairs PDF
- Monthly Current Affairs – June
- Monthly Current Affairs – July
- Monthly Current Affairs – August
- Monthly Current Affairs – September
Few General Exam Tips
- Get a strong hold over basics
- Maintain notes of quant formulas, grammar rules
- Practice sectional practice tests
- Attempt full-length mock tests and analyse mock tests
Ace the IIFT Exam with Oliveboard’s Topical Tests – Level 1, 2 & 3
Take topic tests on Oliveboard to make the most out of your practice sessions. Each topic is divided into Level 1 (Easy), Level 2 (Moderate) and Level 3(Difficult). Based on your comfort and preparation, you can take these tests for different topics of varying difficulty level.
- Login to Oliveboard
- Click on the Practice Tests tab
Level 1: The difficulty level of these tests is basic and are aimed towards building conceptual clarity. Once you’ve taken this, it’s time to move to the next level!
Level 2: In these tests you can expect moderate level questions and taking these tests will help you strengthen your ability to apply concepts.
Level 3: Here you can expect the difficulty level to range from high to very high. Level 3 tests are challenging and are aimed at preparing you for the trickiest of all questions.
#Tip: Go from Level 1 to level 3 to reap the maximum benefits.
- All New SBI PO 2021 Selection Batch: Join Now
- IB ACIO Tier 2 – Descriptive English Crash Course – Join Now
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क उत्तर प्रदेश पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Crash Course + Test Series: Join Now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now