Railway Recruitment Board has announced 26502 vacancies for hiring Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) & Technicians this year. The exam dates are not yet announced. However, you might have started your exam preparation already. To help you further, we bring to you a preparation guide for mathematics. Let’s go through the exam pattern and syllabus first.
Railways ALP Recruitment 2018: Exam Pattern
|Subjects||Type of Questions||Language||No. Of Questions||Duration|
|Mathematics||Objective, Multiple Choice||Hindi/English||75 Questions||60 min|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning|
|General awareness on current affairs|
Railways ALP Recruitment 2018: Syllabus for Mathematics
- Number system
- Ratio and Proportion
- Time and Work
- Time and Distance
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Profit and Loss
- Geometry and Trigonometry
- Elementary Statistics
- Square Root
- Age Calculations
- Calendar & Clock
- Pipes & Cistern etc.
Railways ALP Recruitment 2018: Best Books for Mathematics
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R.S Aggarwal
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Varma
- Quickest Mathematics by Kiran
Railways ALP Recruitment 2018: Videos for Mathematics
|Profit and Loss|
|Time and Work|
Railways ALP Recruitment 2018: Preparation Tips for Mathematics
- Speed along with accuracy would be the key to scoring high in mathematics
- Smart work and Hard work both is important. Learn and memorize shortcut tricks for solving problems and practice them as much as you can.
- Do not waste time on 1 question, solve as quickly, as many possible.
- Solving and Analysing previous year’s question papers will play a big part.
- Practice, Practice and Practice. There is no alternative to this. Practice as many RRB mock tests you can.
Hope this helps!
Read more Railway RRB ALP Recruitment related articles.