Railway Recruitment Board has announced 26502 vacancies for hiring Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) & Technicians this year. The exam dates are not yet announced. However, you might have started your exam preparation already. To help you further, we bring to you a preparation guide for mathematics. Let’s go through the exam pattern and syllabus first.
Railways ALP Recruitment 2018: Exam Pattern
|Subjects||Type of Questions||Language||No. Of Questions||Duration|
|Mathematics||Objective, Multiple Choice||Hindi/English||75 Questions||60 min|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning|
|General awareness on current affairs|
Railways ALP Recruitment 2018: Syllabus for Mathematics
- Number system
- Ratio and Proportion
- Time and Work
- Time and Distance
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Profit and Loss
- Geometry and Trigonometry
- Elementary Statistics
- Square Root
- Age Calculations
- Calendar & Clock
- Pipes & Cistern etc.
Railways ALP Recruitment 2018: Best Books for Mathematics
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R.S Aggarwal
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Varma
- Quickest Mathematics by Kiran
Railways ALP Recruitment 2018: Videos for Mathematics
|Profit and Loss|
|Time and Work|
Railways ALP Recruitment 2018: Preparation Tips for Mathematics
- Speed along with accuracy would be the key to scoring high in mathematics
- Smart work and Hard work both is important. Learn and memorize shortcut tricks for solving problems and practice them as much as you can.
- Do not waste time on 1 question, solve as quickly, as many possible.
- Solving and Analysing previous year’s question papers will play a big part.
- Practice, Practice and Practice. There is no alternative to this. Practice as many RRB mock tests you can.
Hope this helps!
Read more Railway RRB ALP Recruitment related articles.
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series
- Prepare for RBI Assistant 2019 Exam with Mock Tests & Live Classes Here
- SSC CGL Brahamstra – Join Practice-based Online Tuition for SSC CGL 2019-20 Exam
- Attempt a Free IBPS Clerk Mains Mock Test here
- SSC CHSL 2019 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test