The Railways RRB ALP 2018 First Stage Exam is scheduled to be held on 9th of August 2018. With just few days for the exam, we are positive that you might be on the last leg of your exam preparation. Today, we bring to you a 10-day RRB ALP revision plan. Let’s glance through the exam pattern first.
Railways RRB ALP Exam Pattern
|Subjects||Type of Questions||Language||No. Of Questions||Duration|
|Mathematics||Objective, Multiple Choice||Hindi/English||75 Questions||60 min|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning|
|General awareness on current affairs|
Railways RRB ALP Exam Syllabus
Number system, BODMAS, Decimals, Fractions, LCM, HCF, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Mensuration, Time and Work; Time and Distance, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry, Elementary Statistics, Square Root, Age Calculations, Calendar & Clock, Pipes & Cistern etc.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
Analogies, Alphabetical and Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Mathematical operations, Relationships, Syllogism, Jumbling, Venn Diagram, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency, Conclusions and Decision Making, Similarities and Differences, Analytical reasoning, Classification, Directions, Statement – Arguments and Assumptions etc.
- General Science
Physics, Chemistry and Life Sciences of 10th standard level.
- General awareness
Current affairs in Science & Technology, Sports, Culture, Personalities, Economics, Politics and other subjects of importance.
10-Day RRB ALP Revision Plan
|Day 1||Mathematics – Concept Revision, Formulae Brush-up|
|Day 2||Mathematics Sectional Tests|
|Day 3||Reasoning – Concept Revision|
|Day 4||Reasoning Sectional Tests|
|Day 5||General Science – Revise all important topics|
|Day 6||GS Sectional Tests|
|Day 7||General Awareness – Revise all current affairs from last 4 months + important GK topics|
|Day 8||GK Tests|
|Day 9||Complete RRB ALP Mock Test 1|
|Day 10||Complete RRB ALP Mock Test 2|
Note: After every mock attempt, make sure you do a thorough analysis and fix your weak areas.
RRB ALP Revision Tips
- Revisit your quant notes, revision of calculation shortcuts or formulae you need to memorize.
- Similarly, revisit your GK notes and stay updated with all the latest important events nationally and globally.
- The trick to scoring marks in Mathematics Section is to attempt the questions on Quadratic Equations, Simplification and Approximation first and then going for Number Series. Hence, work on strengthening these topics.
- Revise topics that form the base for other topics and then move on to higher-level difficult topics that require you to have a knowledge of these base topics.
Hope these tips help. All the Best!
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series
- Prepare for RBI Assistant 2019 Exam with Mock Tests & Live Classes Here
- SSC CGL Brahamstra – Join Practice-based Online Tuition for SSC CGL 2019-20 Exam
- Attempt a Free IBPS Clerk Mains Mock Test here
- SSC CHSL 2019 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test