The Reserve Bank of India is slated to conduct the RBI Assistant Main Exam this month. RBI conducted the Prelims for the first time on the 23rd and the 24th of December, 2016, with over 5.5 lakh aspirants competing for 610 vacancies across 17 circles.
The Main Exam has 5 sections & 200 questions for a total of 200 marks. The aspirants will be given a total of 2 hours to give the exam.
In the following article, we are providing you useful RBI Main Exam last minute tips, preparation strategy, details of cut off and city-wise qualifiers.
First let’s look at the exam pattern:
RBI Assistant 2017 Main Exam Pattern
|Sr. No||Name of the section||Number of questions||Maximum marks||Total Time|
|1||Test of Reasoning||40||40||Composite time of 2 hours|
|2||Test of English Language||40||40|
|3||Test of Numerical Ability||40||40|
|4||Test of General Awareness||40||40|
|5||Test of Computer Knowledge||40||40|
Tips for RBI Mains 2017 Exam
- While it is important to revise for the exam, it is equally important to strategize your exam before giving it. Start by taking an RBI Assistant Main Mock Test. Determine your speed and accuracy in the topics and identify your weak areas. Based on your Mock Tests’ analysis, decide the order in which you will answer the various sections.
- Go through previous years’ RBI Assistant Mains exam question papers to get an idea of the kind of questions you will be getting. It’s a good idea to go through the expected cut offs to determine the amount of preparation you will need for each section. While it’s important to clear the sectional cut offs, it is also important that you increase your overall score to clear the overall cut off.
- The duration of RBI Assistant Main exam is 2 hours and it isn’t sectional, which means, you’re free to start answering with the section which you’re most comfortable and confident in and then move on to the other sections. Don’t spend too much time on a question if you don’t know its answer. ‘Mark it for review’ and answer it later.
- Set a timer during your practice sessions to get yourselves acquainted to the real exam environment. Practice calculating mentally, this will save you time during your exam.
- RBI Main exam has negative marking. Read all the questions carefully and absolutely avoid guess work and only answer a question if you’re confident about the answer.
- We’d recommend solving the questions that are easy and less time consuming first and then moving on to the more difficult and time consuming questions.
- Take some time out to read articles/novels/magazines online every day. This will help your eyes get acquainted to reading on the screen.
More information on RBI Assistant Mains 2017 Examination
RBI Assistant Mains 2017 Preparation Strategy
RBI Assistant Mains City-wise Qualifiers
RBI Assistant Syllabus and Exam Pattern
RBI Assistant Cut Offs and Exam Analysis
We wish you all the best for your exam.
The most comprehensive online preparation portal for MBA, Banking and Government exams. Explore a range of mock tests and study material at www.oliveboard.in
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series