If you are preparing for RBI Grade B 2018, you might have already started preparing for Economic and Social Issues ESI paper as well. Though it is a part of RBI Grade B Phase II, it is important to start preparing now onwards, as ESI needs dedicated study hours and clear understanding. For your assistance, today, we bring to you solved ESI paper 2017. These ESI questions are based on candidates’ memory and therefore might slightly vary from the actual paper. Let’s glance through the RBI Grade B syllabus for ESI.
ESI Syllabus for RBI Grade B Phase II
- Growth and Development
- Measurement of growth: National Income and per capita income
- Poverty Alleviation and Employment Generation in India
- Sustainable Development and Environmental issues
- Economic Reforms in India
- Industrial and Labour Policy
- Monetary and Fiscal Policy
- Role of Economic Planning
- Opening up of the Indian Economy
- Balance of Payments
- Export-Import Policy
- International Economic Institutions
- IMF and World Bank
- Regional Economic Cooperation
- Social Structure in India
- Demographic Trends
- Urbanization and Migration
- Gender Issues
- Social Justice: Positive Discrimination in favor of the under-privileged
- Social Movements
- Indian Political System
- Human Development
- Social Sectors in India, Health and Education
Note: These ESI questions are based on candidates’ memory and therefore might slightly vary from the actual paper.
Solved ESI Paper – RBI Grade B 2017
ESI Questions & Answers – 1 Mark Each
1. Organization that creates and monitors Ease of Doing Business Index?:
Solution: World Bank Group.
2. The process by which a customer-owned mutual organization (mutual) or co-operative changes legal form to a joint stock company:
3. Government of India decided to replace 12th five-year plan with a 15-year long through:
Solution: National Development Agenda
4. Which nodal agency implements MNREGA?
Solution: Village Panchayats
5. What is the aim of Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act (FRBM Act ) 2003?
Solution: Reduce India’s Fiscal deficit
6. According to the recent “India development report” released by the World Bank in 2017, the participation of women in workforce in India was found to be around
Solution: 27%; India ranked 120th
7. Who is the head of the task force constituted by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to suggest solutions for having timely & reliable employment data for policy making?
Solution: Arvind Panagariya
8. Recently which country has ratified automatic exchange of financial account information with India and 40 other jurisdiction to facilitate immediate sharing of details about black money?
9. Economic globalization refers to the free movement of goods, services, information and:
10. Who was the head of Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Committee constituted in 2016?
Solution: N.K. Singh
11. According to the The World Population Prospects: 2015 Revision, India is expected to surpass China in population by which year?
12. According to the ‘Wild Water’, Water Aid’s State of the World’s Water 2017’ approximately how many people in rural areas of India are without access to clean water?
Solution: 63 million
13. According to World Economic Forum Report 2017, which are the most crowded cities of India?
Solution: India and Kota
14. What is India’s current Gross Domestic Product rate?
Solution: 6.3 percent
15. Brundtland Commission that put forth the concept of Sustainable Development was formerly known as:
Solution: World Commission on Environment and Development
16. Which country has withdrawn itself from the Paris Agreement 2015?
17. What is the full form of FSDC?
Solution: Financial Stability and Development Council
18. Under which ministry does Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion work?
Solution: Ministry of Commerce and Industry
19. In 2000, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) identified four basic aspects of globalization which are
Solution: Trade and transactions, capital and investment movements, migration and movement of people, and the dissemination of knowledge
20.Where was 30st ASEAN Summit 2016 held?
Solution: Vientiane, Laos
21. The Balance of Payment of a company consists of
Solution: Imports and exports of goods, services and capital, as well as transfer payments such as foreign aid and remittances.
22. After the abolition of the FIPB, ministries will have to decide on FDI proposals within the time period of
Solution: 60 Days
23. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved a Dairy Processing & Infrastructure Development Fund” (DIDF) with an outlay of Rs 10,881 crore during the period from 2017-18 to
24. According to the Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), what is the % of young aged between 15 to 29 not in employment, education or train (NEETs)?
Solution: Approximately 30%
25. Which organization established the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) Program 1997?
Solution: Asian Development Bank (ADB)
26. India’s 1st Tribal Entrepreneurship Summit was hosted in
27. Who headed the task force constituted to assess the extent of employment creation at different points of time, based on “credible data”?
Solution: Arvind Panagriya
28. GDP (gross domestic product) at market price = value of output in an economy in the year:
Solution: Intermediate Consumption
29. Which bank has launched iWork@home programme for its women employees?
Solution: ICICI Bank
30. Who has been appointed as the advisor to the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) for promotion of khadi within India and globally?
Solution: Ritu Beri
ESI Questions & Answers – 2 Marks Each
1. Mazdoor Kisan Shakti Sangathan focused on understanding the root cause of:
Solution: Non-payment of wages to workers employed by the government
2. RTI Act 20015, relaxed the information disclosure in India was restricted by the
Solution: Official Secrets Act 1923
3. The slogan of the RTI movement in India and was
Solution: the right to know is the right to live”.
4. As a result of National Campaign For The People’s Right To Information, which Act was passed by the parliament of India?
Solution: National Rural Employment Guarantee Act
5. How many member where there from RBI in the Monetary Policy Committee that unanimously declined a meeting with finance ministry officials ahead of the second bi—monthly policy review of 2017—18?
6. What is the tenure of the members of the Monetary Policy Committee?
Solution: Three years
7. The MPC was formed in September 2016 to decide on the repo rate with a clear mandate to get headline inflation down to
Solution: 4 per cent
8. Jawahar Rozgar Yojna was launched on April 1, 1989 by merging
Solution: National Rural Employment Program (NREP) and Rural Landless Employment Guarantee Programme
9. Jawahar Rozgar Yojna aimed at providing Employment per person particularly in backward districts for
Solution: 90-100 Days
10. In which Yojana was Jawahar Rozgar Yojna merged in 2001
Solution: Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojna
11. The Global Gender Gap Report is published by
Solution: World Economic Forum
12. In Global Gender Gap Index, how many keys are used to calculate gender gap between women and men?
Solution: 4 Keys; health, education, economy and politics.
13. What was India’s rank in Global Gender Gap Index 2016 and which country topped it?
Solution: 87, Iceland
14. Under Pan-India implementation of Maternity Benefit Program, how much financial aid is given to the All eligible Pregnant Women and Lactating Mothers and in how many installments?
Solution: 5000/-., 3 Installments
15. How many cities were selected in the first phase under the ‘Central Schme’ of HRIDAY?
16. What is the duration of the Heritage City Development and Augmentation Yojana?
Solution: 4 years
17. Rural India’s version of Startup India was named the
Solution: Deen Dayal Upadhyay Swaniyojan Yojana
18. To endorse the Startup India campaign, which magazine was launched and in which year?
Solution: The Cofounder, was launched in 2016.
19. Under startup India scheme, modified and more friendly Bankruptcy Code to ensure ____ exit window?
20. According to the World Investment Report 2016 by the United Nations Conference for Trade and Development (UNCTAD), what is India’s rank?
21. In the automatic route of FDI in India, FDI is allowed without prior approval of
22. Name the two people who brought FDI in India?
Solution: Manmohan Singh and P. V. Narasimha Rao
23. Which initiative of Government of India is responsible of increased FDI inflow in India?
Solution: Make in India
24. The cluster in the above passage can be classified as
25. Which scheme was launched taking cognizance of these clusters?
Solution: Shyama Prasad Mukherji Rurban Mission (SPMRM)
26. What replaced planning commission in India?
Solution: NITI Ayog
27. The initiatives of NITI Ayog include a road map of
Solution: 15 years
28. What is the name of the initiative started to invite globally reputed policy makers, experts, administrators to India to share their knowledge, expertise, experience in policy making and good governance with Indian counterparts?
Solution: NITI Lectures: Transforming India.
29. In this regard, where was Asia’s first the Export Processing Zone set up?
Solution: Kandla in 1965
30. With a view to attract larger foreign investments in India, the Special Economic Zones (SEZs) Policy was announced in:
Solution: April 2000
31. The developer submits the proposal for establishment of SEZ to the concerned State Government. The State Government has to forward the proposal with its recommendation within ______from the date of receipt of such proposal to the Board of Approval.
Solution: 45 days
32. Rashtriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakram (RKSK) is a health programme for adolescents, in the age group of:
Solution: 10-19 year
33. The Rashtriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakram was launched in
34. The Index of Industrial Production is prepared by
Solution: Central Statistical Organisation
35. Name the three sectors of IIP.
Solution: Mining, manufacturing and electricity sectors.
Hope this solved ESI paper helps in your RBI Grade B Phase II preparation. Watch the below video to plan your ESI preparation better.
Oliveboard’s RBI Grade B Test Series
- 10 RBI Grade B Phase 1 Mock Tests
- 25 RBI Grade B Phase 2 Mock Tests (15 F&M and 10 ESI)
- ESI Study Material
- F&M Study Material
- All Topic Tests
- Sectional Tests
- High Level Reasoning Tests
- GK Supplement with 2500 questions
- Video Crash course – 200+ Videos
- Lessons on All Topics
- Take a Free Test
All the best!
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series
- IBPS PO Cracker – Enroll Now and get a Huge Discount
- Enroll for IBPS RRB Cracker Course for 2019 Officer and Assistant Exam preparation
- Preparing for EPFO SSA Exam? Attempt a Free Test here
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test
- Start Preparing for RBI Grade B 2019 Exam with a FREE Mock Test