Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) has issued the official notification (CEN No 03/2015) for the recruitment of 18,252 candidates for NTPC (Non- Technical Popular Categories) posts. You can read the official notification here.
In this post, we will try to demystify the recruitment process for all the RRB Exam aspirants.
- The first stage of the exam is a common CBT (Computer Based Test) for all the notified 9 categories of posts- Commercial Apprentice (CA), Traffic Apprentice (TA), Inquiry cum Reservation Clerk (ECRC), Goods Guard, Junior Accountant cum Amanuensis (Typist) (JAA), Senior Clerk cum Typist, Assistant Station Master (ASM), Transport Assistant and Senior Time Keeper.
- The question paper for the CBT will be of 90 minutes duration for 100 questions.
- The questions will be from the following questions- General Awareness, Arithmetic and General Intelligence and Reasoning
- There will be 1/3rd negative marking for the wrong answers in the CBT exam
Stage 2 tests will be different for different categories.
Typing Skill Test
- To qualify in the Typing Skill Test, the candidates need to report at the required Typing Skill Test Center
- Candidates should be able to type 30 WPM (Words Per Minute) in English and 25 WPM in Hindi on Personal Computer only, to qualify in this test
- During the test, Editing Tools and Spell Check Facility will be disabled
- Number of candidates equal to eight times the number of vacancies (for JAA, Sr. Clerk and Sr. Time Keeper) will be called for the Typing Skill Test
- Exemption in Typing Skill test may be extended to PWD candidates having disability of more than 40%. Such candidates are required to bring ‘Typing Skill Test Exemption Certificate’ to the Type test Center issued by a competent medical board.
Only those candidates who qualify in the Typing Skill Test will be eligible to be included in the Merit List. Please note, that the Typing Test is only of qualifying nature the marks obtained in the Typing Test will NOT be added for making the merit list. Only the marks obtained in the CBT (Computer Based test) will be used to draw the merit list.
- Candidates who have applied for ASM and Traffic Assistant Post have to appear for the Aptitude Test.
- Candidates need to bring ‘Vision Certificate’ from an Eye Specialist to the Aptitude Test Center, failing which they will not be allowed to appear in the Aptitude Test
Skills to be tested in the ‘Aptitude Test’
– Depth Perception
– Perceptual Speed
Click here for sample questions of Aptitude Test.
The merit will be drawn only for the candidates qualifying in the aptitude test. 70% of the weightage will be given to the marks obtained in the CBT exam and 30% of the weightage will be given to the marks obtained in the Aptitude Test.
Please note that for the candidates applying for the posts of CA, TA, ECRC and Goods Guards, the merit list will be drawn only on the basis of the CBT Exam, as there is no Stage 2 tests for them.
To help the aspirants perform well in the CBT (Computer Based Test), Oliveboard has come up with a series of 20 Mock tests. Click here to enroll.
- All New SBI PO 2021 Selection Batch: Join Now
- IB ACIO Tier 2 – Descriptive English Crash Course – Join Now
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क उत्तर प्रदेश पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Crash Course + Test Series: Join Now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now