Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) has issued the official notification (CEN No 03/2015) for the recruitment of 18,252 candidates for NTPC (Non- Technical Popular Categories) posts. This post is intended to throw some light on the job profile of a Enquiry cum Reservation Clerk (ECRC).
An ECRC (Enquiry cum Reservation Clerk) is the person who sits in the “Enquiry Counter” at the Railway Station and answer all your queries regarding arrival/departure of train. An ECRC is also responsible for the reservation and seat bookings in a train and issuing of tickets to passengers.
Job Profile and Responsibilities
- An ECRC is responsible to help the passengers plan their travel. He/She is responsible for reservation and issuing of computerized tickets to the passengers
- He/she also has to respond to passenger’s queries and make announcements
- It’s a suitable job for female candidates as most of the job is indoors and hardly any travelling is involved
In all major stations, ECRC works in two shifts on alternate days – from 8-14 hrs and 14-22 hrs. In some small stations where the footfall is less, a single ECRC works in one shift, the timings is adjusted suitably as per the local conditions.
Career Path/Future Prospects/Promotion
- ECRC Grade II ==> ECRC Grade I ==> Reservation Supervisor
- You can also appear for Limited Departmental Competitive Examination (LDCE) to get promoted into Gazetted ranks (Group B) such as Assistant Operations Manager ==> Divisions Operation Manager
Stages of Recruitment
The Merit list will be prepared on the basis of your performance in the CBT (Computer Based Test). The question paper for the CBT will be of 90 minutes duration for 100 questions.The questions will be from the following questions- General Awareness, Arithmetic and General Intelligence and Reasoning. There will be 1/3rd negative marking for the wrong answers in the CBT exam. It will be followed by document verification.
Salaries and Allowances
|(i)||Pay Scale||5200 – 20200|
|(iv)||Total Pay (i) + (ii )||11360|
Some of the major allowances and deductions include :-
- DA on Total Pay above (100%): 11360.00
- Transport Allowance(TA): 1600.00
- House Rent Allowance(10%): 1136.00
- Gross Salary: INR 25,456.00
- DEDUCTIONS: CGIS-C 30.00 + PROF. TAX 200.00 + NPS/PF 2272.00 = INR 2502.00
- Total Salary : => 25,456-2502 = INR 22,954/-
Please note that the the above mentioned salary is subjected to revision under 7th Pay Commission.
To know the zone-wise vacancies, check the official notification here.
You might be interested in :
- RRB NTPC : Goods Guard- Job Profile, Salary and Future Prospects
- RRB NTPC : Traffic Apprentice- Job Profile, Salary and Future Prospects
- RRB NTPC : Different Stages of Recruitment
- Medical Fitness Tests for RRB NTPC Aspirants
To help the aspirants perform well in the CBT (Computer Based Test),Oliveboard has come up with a series of 20 Mock tests. Click here to enroll.
- All New SBI PO 2021 Selection Batch: Join Now
- IB ACIO Tier 2 – Descriptive English Crash Course – Join Now
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क उत्तर प्रदेश पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Crash Course + Test Series: Join Now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now