Railway Recruitment Boards had announced a whopping 35000+ vacancies under Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) for both Graduates and Non-Graduates in various Zonal Railways and Production Units of the Indian Railways. With the Exam to be scheduled tentatively in June-September, we have come up with RRB NTPC Exam 2019 – Important Topics to be covered under General Awareness, Mathematics and General Intelligence & Reasoning. Also find some useful tips for Preparation of General Awareness section in the end.
The recruitment process shall involve the following stages:
- I Stage Computer Based Test (CBT-1),
- II Stage Computer Based Test (CBT-2),
- Typing Skill Test/Computer Based Aptitude Test and
- Document Verification/Medical Examination
Both the Computer Based Tests i.e. CBT 1 & CBT 2 will test the candidates in three subjects namely General Awareness, Mathematics and General Intelligence & Reasoning. The total number of questions asked in CBT 1 will be 100 and that in CBT 2 will be 120. The syllabus of CBT 1 and CBT 2 is more or less same as mentioned in the official notification.
General Tips to Crack RRB NTPC Exam in your first Attempt
RRB NTPC Exam 2019 – Important Topics – Important Topics
- Fundamental Rights, Duties and Directive Principles of State Policy
- Constitutional Amendments
- Constitutional and Non-constitutional bodies of India
- President, VP, Prime Minister & Council of Ministers
- Indus Valley Civilization
- Buddhism & Jainism
- Medieval Indian History
- European Advent
- British Rule
- Economics Introduction and Inflation
- Agricultural Revolution, Unemployment & Poverty
- Welfare Schemes
- Economic Planning in India
- Budget and Taxation
- International Organizations
- Indian Geography Overview
- Transport networks
- Universe & Solar System
- Earthquakes & Volcanoes
- Drainage systems and Oceanography
- Earth and Atmosphere
- Basics of Computers and Computer Applications
- Flora and Fauna of India
- Important Government and Public Sector Organizations of India
- General Scientific and Technological Developments including Space and Nuclear Program of India.
Tips for General Awareness Section
- Go through the daily current affairs (CA) like CA of National and International Importance, Games and Sports, Art and Culture of India, Indian Literature, Monuments and Places of India etc.
- For General Science & Life Sciences (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) – Go through the CBSE Science Textbooks (till 10th Class).
- You can refer other General Awareness Books available in the market like Lucent General Awareness book or Arihant General Awareness book for your complete preparation.
General Intelligence & Reasoning and Mathematics
RRB NTPC Exam 2019 – Important Topics – General Intelligence & Reasoning
Practice reasoning questions on various topics given in the syllabus such as
- Number & Alphabetical Series,
- Coding and Decoding,
- Mathematical Operations,
- Analytical Reasoning,
- Syllogism, Jumbling,
- Venn Diagrams, Puzzle,
- Data Sufficiency,
- Statement- Conclusion,
- Statement- Courses of Action,
- Decision Making, Maps,
- Interpretation of Graphs etc.
RRB NTPC Exam 2019 – Important Topics – Mathematics
Practice Mathematics questions on various topics given in the syllabus such as
- Number System,
- Decimals & Fractions,
- LCM & HCF,
- Ratio & Proportion,
- Percentage, Mensuration,
- Time & Work,
- Time & Distance,
- Simple & Compound Interest,
- Profit & Loss,
- Elementary Algebra,
- Geometry and Trigonometry,
- Elementary Statistics etc.
Tips to Ace General Intelligence & Reasoning and Mathematics section
- The best way to practice Reasoning & Mathematics is by taking Mock Tests.
- Practicing Mock Tests gives you a balanced view of your performance in these sections.
- Also, it helps you practice a wide variety of questions in a time bound atmosphere.
- The analysis and solutions part after each mock test is of great help as it lets you know your areas of strengths & weaknesses.
- The solutions give you the approach as to how to go about solving a particular type of question.
One can also go for the RRB NTPC Cracker Course that will cover the complete Syllabus for Mathematics, Reasoning and General awareness sections in the form of Live Classes and Live Practice Sessions. The course is available only for Rs 1999.
RRB NTPC 2019 Mock Test Series
- 20 Tests for Railways RRB NTPC Stage 1
- 10 Tests for Railways RRB NTPC Stage 2
- Sectional Tests
- GK Supplement with 2500 questions
- Video Crash course – 200+ Videos
- Lessons on All Topics
Offer Validity: 31st January, 2020
Always remember that practice and timely preparation is the key to clearing any competitive Exam. Swear by Oliveboard’s Motto “Learn, Practice & Improve” and we bet that success in yours. We hope that you like the content of the blog “RRB NTPC Exam 2019 – Important Topics” and will find it beneficial for the RRB NTPC 2019 Exam.
You can visit Oliveboard’s Discuss Forum to interact with fellow aspirants of Banking and Government exams and learn from your peers. You can access Oliveboard’s Mock Tests and other study materials from your phone. Download Oliveboard Mobile App and prepare on the go!
If you have any doubt in respect of Railways Exam, ask directly from the faculty on Oliveboard Telegram Group. Install Telegram and join obbanking. Be a part of the Telegram community of goal-oriented aspirants who aim for just one thing and that is- SUCCESS!