Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) has issued the official notification (CEN No 03/2015) for the recruitment of 18,252 candidates for NTPC (Non- Technical Popular Categories) posts. This post is intended to throw some light on the job profile of a Goods Guard Officer.
A Railway guard is the person who is technically in charge of running a train. A Goods Guard is responsible for managing the running of a Goods Train. The job description includes :-
- The guard is responsible for assuring himself that the station master (directly or indirectly) has authorized the departure of the train from the station.
- The guard exchanges flag or lamp signals with stations on departure and when passing through.
- Ensuring that the train has sufficient ‘Brake Power’ and signing the BPC (Brake Power Certificate)
- Constantly monitoring any abnormalities- in the train as well in the signals
- Preparing and delivering train reports (such as Late Arrival Reports)
- Providing information on travel timings and different routes
- Checking basic requirements such as lighting and heating in carriages
- Maintaining the VG (Vehicle Guidance) Document
- To cross check all the safety requirements for any possible defects that might endanger train safety
If selected, you will undergo training in the Zonal training institute where you will be acquainted with the exact nature of your job and general and commercial rules of Railways.
As your workplace will be the train (generally in the last wagon), so there is no fixed working time.
Career Path/Future Prospects/Promotion
- Goods Guard => Passenger Guard => Express Guard
- Goods Guard => Section Controller => Chief Controller
- You are also eligible to appear for LDCE exam for Group B Gazetted post of Assistant Operations Manager(AOM)
Stages of Recruitment
The Merit list will be prepared on the basis of your performance in the CBT (Computer Based Test). The question paper for the CBT will be of 90 minutes duration for 100 questions.The questions will be from the following questions- General Awareness, Arithmetic and General Intelligence and Reasoning. There will be 1/3rd negative marking for the wrong answers in the CBT exam. It will be followed by document verification.
Salaries and Allowances
The major allowances include :-
- Running Allowance (paid on the basis of number of the kilometers on the run monthly)
- Transport Allowance
- Housing Allowance (if you are not using the quarters)
The total number of vacancies are as follows :-
- General- 3964
- OBC- 1721
- SC- 1229
- ST- 665
To know the zone-wise vacancies, check the official notification here.
To help the aspirants perform well in the CBT (Computer Based Test), Oliveboard has come up with a series of 20 Mock tests. Click here to enroll or to take a FREE mock test.
- All New SBI PO 2021 Selection Batch: Join Now
- IB ACIO Tier 2 – Descriptive English Crash Course – Join Now
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क उत्तर प्रदेश पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Crash Course + Test Series: Join Now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now