Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) has issued the official notification (CEN No 03/2015) for the recruitment of 18,252 candidates for NTPC (Non- Technical Popular Categories) posts. This post is intended to throw some light on the job profile of a Traffic Apprentice.
Traffic Apprentice (TA) are employed in the Operations and Transportation Department of the Indian Railways.
Once selected, a Traffic Apprentice has to undergo 2 years of training. You can work as a Station Master/Yard Master/Guard during training also.
Once the training period is over, you will either be posted as Station Master, Yard Master (now these posts have been combined) or as Section Controller
- The Operations Department of the Indian Railways takes care of the train movement, and facilitate smooth functioning of railways. The job can be quite stressful as you always need to be on your toes (for example, you have to chart the train rules, inform other departments in case of any change of routes or emergency and so on)
- Also the working hours will depend on the designation you are posted. For example if you are posted as Guard, your work hours will be similar to a guard and if you are posted as Station Master, work hours of SM will be applicable.
Career Path/Future Prospects/Promotion
- Traffic Apprentice ==> Station Master ==> Station Superintendent
- Traffic Apprentice ==> Station Controller ==> Chief Controller
- You can also appear for Limited Departmental Competitive Examination (LDCE) to get promoted into Gazetted ranks (Group B) such as Assistant Operations Manager ==> Divisions Operation Manager
Stages of Recruitment
The Merit list will be prepared on the basis of your performance in the CBT (Computer Based Test). The question paper for the CBT will be of 90 minutes duration for 100 questions.The questions will be from the following questions- General Awareness, Arithmetic and General Intelligence and Reasoning. There will be 1/3rd negative marking for the wrong answers in the CBT exam. It will be followed by document verification.
Salaries and Allowances
|(iv)||Total Pay (i) + (ii )||13500|
Other Allowances depend on various conditions and hence cant be stated uniformly. Other major allowances include :
|DA on Total Pay above|
|House Rent Allowance(if not provided with quarters)|
- Running Allowance is not admissible to the Traffic Apprentices who work independently as Guards as part of their training.
- Deductions from salary include 10% of total Pay towards New Pension scheme.
To know the zone-wise vacancies, check the official notification here.
You might be interested in :
- RRB NTPC : Goods Guard- Job Profile, Salary and Future Prospects
- RRB NTPC : Different Stages of Recruitment
- Medical Fitness Tests for RRB NTPC Aspirants
To help the aspirants perform well in the CBT (Computer Based Test), Oliveboard has come up with a series of 20 Mock tests. Click here to enroll.
- IBPS Clerk 2021 Mock Test: Attempt Now
- IBPS PO 2021 Mock Test: Attempt Now
- SBI PO 2021 – Attempt Free Mock Test Here
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क UP पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क राजस्थान Gram Sevak मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क UP Lekhpal मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें