SBI Clerk Topic Wise Weightage : State Bank Of India has released the notification for SBI Clerk exam 2022. A total of 5008 vacancies has been announced for SBI Clerk exam 2022. Interested and eligible candidates can fill the application form from 7th September 2022 to 27th September 2022. As we inch closer to the SBI Clerk prelims, it is time to boost your exam preparations and set clear targets in terms of topics you will target. The prelims exam is all about Speed and Accuracy and you need a clear view of SBI Clerk topic-wise weightage. To help you with that, we are here with an analysis of the number of questions asked in all topics asked in the SBI Clerk exam over the last few years. To get a clear idea of the exam pattern, use the link below to take a free mock test.
Table of Contents
SBI Clerk Preliminary Exam Pattern
The Examination for SBI Clerk is held according to a fixed pattern. The table given below helps in understanding the pattern. There is a system of negative marking in this examination.
|Serial No.||Section||No. of Question||Total Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
SBI Clerk Topic-wise weightage 2022
Here we have provided the section-wise topics and their weightage in the SBI Clerk exam. SBI Clerk prelims exam has three sections i.e. English Language, Numerical Ability, and Reasoning. Check the section wise weightage below in the blog.
SBI Clerk Topic Wise Weightage | Quantitative Aptitude
Quantitative Aptitude of SBI Clerk consist of 35 questions carrying 1 mark each. There is sectional timing and candidates need to solve 35 questions in 20 minutes. In this section, we’ll have a look at the topic- wise weightage of quantitative aptitude section. Having a clear understanding of the major topics in quant is vital to score well in this section. Later in the blog, we’ll have the year wise analysis of topics and number of questions asked in reasoning ability, English language as well.
|Caselet Data Interpretation||5||–||–||–|
|Line Graph Data Interpretation||5||5||7||5|
|Wrong Number Series||5||–||–||–|
|Missing Number Series||–||5||5||5|
Important Quant Topics For SBI Clerk Exam
- Data Interpretation:
- About 10-15 questions are asked from DI based on:
- Bar Graph
- Pie Chart
- Line Chart
- Missing DI etc.
- Your strong concepts of Average, Ratio & Proportion, and Percentage will come in handy here.
- Most common DI that can be asked in prelims are Tabular DI, Bar, Line graphs and Pie Charts. Time-consuming DI like Mixed, Caselets, and Missing DI are less likely a topic for prelims.
- About 10-15 questions are asked from DI based on:
- Number Series:
- Two types of number series questions are asked in SBI Clerk prelims, missing number series or wrong number series.
- 5 questions are asked from either of these.
- A few of the most common number series are:
- Prime Number pattern
- Multiplication pattern
- Square pattern
- Cube pattern
- Arithmetic Progression pattern
- Addition/Subtraction pattern
- Combination of the above-mentioned pattern
- Approximation or simplification
- Expect 5 questions from approximation
- You’ll need decent calculation speed and accuracy to get these done quickly.
- Multiplication tables till 20, squares till 25, cube till 15 and value of fractions till 1/15 will be handy.
- Stick to BODMAS rule.
- Arithmetic: Each year, 10-15 questions are asked form of word problems based on
- Time and Work
- Time, Distance, and Speed
- Profit, Loss, and Discount
- SI / CI
- Mixture and Allegation
- Averages, Ratio and Averages
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Boat and Streams
SBI Clerk Topic Wise Weightage |Reasoning Ability
Reasoning Ability of SBI Clerk consist of 35 questions carrying 1 mark each. There is sectional timing and candidates need to solve 35 questions in 20 minutes. In this section, we’ll have a look at the topic- wise weightage of Reasoning Ability section. Having a clear understanding of the major topics in quant is vital to score well in this section. Later in the blog, we’ll have the year wise analysis of topics and number of questions asked in English language as well.
|Puzzles and Seating Arrangement||5||15||15||15|
|Box Based Puzzle||5||0||0||0|
|Alphabet Based Series||5||3||5||5|
Important Reasoning Topics For SBI Clerk Exam
- Seating Arrangements & Puzzles – Puzzles forms 50% question at times in SBI Clerk prelims exam. Candidates can expect a minimum of 15 questions, i.e 3 puzzles and seating arrangement questions.
- These topics are:
- Linear, 2 Row, Circular, Square seating arrangement
- Floor based puzzles
- Scheduling – Day/Week/Year/Date/Time
- These topics are:
- Inequality – 5 Direct inequalities are asked constantly, but candidates must solve problems based on coded inequalities as well.
- Coding-Decoding – 5 language-based coding-decoding / Chinese coding questions are asked in SBI Clerk prelims.
- Syllogism – 4-5 syllogism questions can be expected in SBI Clerk prelims. Candidates should prepare equally well for new pattern, i.e., Only/Only a few and traditional syllogism questions. Hone your set theory skills for this topic.
- Alphanumeric Series / Alphabet Test – 5 questions are from this topic. Practice questions based on alphanumeric and alphabet. Memorizing the positions of alphabet forward and backwards ahead of the exam will be a time saver.
- Miscellaneous – Apart from the topics mentioned above, 5-7 miscellaneous questions can be asked from the following reasoning topics.
SBI Clerk Topic Wise Weightage |English Language
English Language of SBI Clerk consist of 30 questions carrying 1 mark each. There is sectional timing and candidates need to solve 30 questions in 20 minutes. In this section, we’ll have a look at the topic- wise weightage of Reasoning Ability section. Having a clear understanding of the major topics in quant is vital to score well in this section.
|RCs (Reading Comprehension)||10||10||10||7|
|Single Fillers (word)||0||0||5||5|
Important English Topics For SBI Clerk Exam
- Reading Comprehension : About 10-12 questions are asked from reading comprehension in the SBI Clerk exam. The sheer number of questions make this topic more important. Make sure to prepare this topic well in advance. Check the strategy to prepare for Reading Comprehension Here.
- Error Detection : Almost 4-5 Questions are asked from Error detection every year in SBI Clerk exam. This year also, we can anticipate at least 3-4 questions from error detection in the upcoming SBI Clerk exam 2022. Practice the questions here.
- Sentence Rearrangement : Sentence rearrangement is one such topic, where you can easily score good marks. Check the strategy here to know how you can easily solve the sentence rearrangement questions
- Cloze Test : Cloze test questions may be other topic that has high possibility of being asked in the SBI Clerk exam. Check the strategy to solve cloze test questions with speed and accuracy.
Also read :
That’s all we have in this blog, where we have discussed the topic wise weightage in SBI Clerk prelims. The table mentioned above are based on previous year memory based questions. We recommend candidates to take free full, sectional and topic tests to practice different types of questions.
SBI Clerk Topic-wise Weightage – FAQs
SBI Clerk Prelims Exam Contains Questions From Reasoning, English And Numerical Ability.
Yes, there is a sectional cut off in the SBI Clerk exam.
A total of 100 questions will be asked in SBI Clerk Prelims exam 2022.
The important topics of Quantitative Aptitude in SBI Clerk 2022 Exam:
The important topics of Reasoning Ability in SBI Clerk 2022 Exam:
I have been writing blog content for different exams for more than 3 years now. Being an aspirant myself and having closely worked with students and mentors, I know what kind of content an aspirant is looking for. Apart from writing content, I like watching movies.