We are left with only 1 week before the SBI PO 2018 Prelims begin. This is not the time to study but to revise, and hence we have brought you the SBI PO 2018 Quantitative Aptitude Quick Review Guide. However, if you want to double-check on something, our Free Resources for SBI PO 2018 Exam Preparation may help you with that. Topic-wise guides like SBI PO 2018 Most Important MCQs or perhaps SBI PO 2018 How to Solve Number Series Problems and SBI PO 2018 Tips to Solve Seating Arrangement Problems may also be helpful for you The SBI PO 2018 Quantitative Aptitude Quick Review Guide lists some of the most important points you need to focus on to ensure that your revision for SBI PO 2018 Quantitative Aptitude is thorough and clear. If you are looking to revise some concepts or just ensure you have everything important covered, be sure to check out the Must Watch Quantitative Aptitude Videos or you can check the SBI PO 2018 Preparation Strategy for Quantitative Aptitude if you prefer.
SBI PO 2018 Prelims Quantitative Aptitude Quick Review – General Tips
- In the last 1 week before the SBI PO 2018 Prelims, ensure that you are memorizing every formula that you have used and are comfortable with (as in, if you memorized them before, now it is the most important time to revise them). It is fine to write them multiple times to help your memory retain them.
- Not all questions are worth answering (some of them ask for too much) and nor are all topics worth covering (only focus on what you have studied until now and ensure that you revise them perfectly).
- Don’t overdo the mock tests. Taking too many mock tests will tire your brain and you may get exhausted. Simply take 1 mock test before you start your revision, find out where you did poorly and revise the same. Finally, take a mock test after you finish your revision just to check (or you can skip it if you think it will make you nervous).
- After taking the mock test, you may wonder what is the best to refresh your memory of the concepts. One of the viable ways is to try the Oliveboard Video Course as it has short videos that are crisp and to-the-point and can help you quickly refresh your knowledge of the concepts if you need to (you may click the image below to view it):
SBI PO 2018 Prelims Quantitative Aptitude Quick Review – Specific Tips
- When revising, you need to revise without looking at the formula of the question. By now, you must have memorized it by-heart. If not, at least try, because you will not have them in the examination.
- In some cases, you can memorize only 1 formula and then use it in various ways depending on what is needed. Simple interest is one such topic where you can do this. Simply memorize the formula for Simple Interest and then move around the factors as needed to determine what is to be computed. You can see the idea here: How to Approach SBI PO Simple Interest Problems?
- Compound interest questions may be better solved by tabulating the information and solving the question in parts to fill up the table. This is one of the easiest ways to approach a compound interest problem which may otherwise get messy.
- Data interpretation has already been and as such will continue to be one of the most important topics. Read the questions before you start looking at the data, because that will help you focus on trying to look only for the data that is necessary.
- Sift out the unnecessary data from any data interpretation question. The previous was mentioned because in a data interpretation question there will be at times lots of unnecessary data given which will only confuse the reader. So, reading the questions may help the student ignore the irrelevant data. Check out this guide on How to Improve your Data Interpretation and Analysis?
- Questions like those on probability or statistics may just be speed breakers, because it is not easy to get the answer on them. In such events, simply skip them as they may surely slow you down.
- Quadratic equations can be attempted with relative ease if their formulae are known and applied correctly. Ensure to know the relationships between the signs in the case of quadratic equations which you can find more about at How to Approach SBI PO Quadratic Equations Questions.
- Permutations and Combinations is all about how you can deal with big numbers and factorials. It is advisable to leave this chapter if you are not confident in it (as it is not the time to study it and the questions are relatively hard).
- Age group related questions test your ability to convert statements into equations. Ensure that you can do that successfully and you will get them correct.
- Time, Speed and Distance is a topic that can be answered with relative if you once again practice the questions with its formulae memorized (it is one of those few topics which can be aced if you simply happen to be clear with the formulae).
All the Best!
- Crack IBPS Clerk 2020 Online Course – Join Now
- Join EDGE Courses for Bank Exams – Get personal mentoring by experts
- IBPS PO 2020 Mock Tests – Attempt a Free Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB PO Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB Assistant Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- Guarantee your success in 2020 with SBI PO Titan Course on EDGE + 30 Full-length SBI PO mock tests
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here