The official announcement for SBI PO exam date has been made. While the SBI PO prelims is on 1st, 7th & 8th of July 2018, the SBI PO mains is on 4th August 2018.
SBI PO Exam Dates
- SBI PO Online Registration: 21 April 2018 – 13th May 2018
- SBI PO Exam Date of Prelims: 1st, 7th, 8th of July 2018
- SBI PO Exam Date of Mains: 4th August 2018
SBI PO Exam Pattern
There’s a changed pattern for Prelims with sectional timing introduced.
SBI PO 2018 Prelims Exam Pattern
|Sr. No||Name of the section||No of questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||Total Maximum Marks
SBI PO 2018 Mains Exam Pattern
|Sr. No||Name of the section||No of questions||Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||Total max marks:
|2||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||45 minutes|
|3||General/Economy/Banking Awareness||40||35 minutes|
|4||English Language||35||40 minutes|
1) 20 Tests for Prelims in New Pattern
2) 10 Tests for Mains
3) 99 Topic Tests with Level 1(Easy), Level 2 (Moderate), Level 3(Difficult) tests to build conceptual understanding in every topic.
4) 60 Sectional Tests for practice across each section
5) GK Tests by Topic covering Current Affairs, Banking Awareness and more.
6) Video Lessons across all topics.
+ more new features coming up in the next few days.
Expert’s Tips for SBI PO 2018 Preparation
Ankit Singh who cleared SBI PO 2017 shares few preparation tips. In his own words,
“You can get numerous strategies online by different people who have qualified SBI PO. This is what I followed.
Quantitative Aptitude – I followed Arun Sharma cover to cover and nothing else
Logical Reasoning – I solved LR booklets meant for CAT prep containing questions of verbal reasoning. I also solved 1 puzzle on a daily basis from the book “Puzzles and teasers” by George R summers.
Verbal Ability – I did nothing much apart from reading the newspaper daily (The Hindu/Indian Express)
GK: Static – You can read banking awareness by Arihant publication (you can skip this portion too as only 4-5 questions out of 40 are there from the static portion and that too you can answer 2-3 if you are reading the daily newspaper)
Current Awareness – Just blindly mug up monthly current affairs magazines of past 3 months (time calculated from the day of prelims) any one of Affairs cloud or Gk today.
Mock Tests – Oliveboard only. This is not for promotion. I can assure you all that the best Mock Test Series available in the market for SBI PO or any other banking exam is that of Oliveboard. I extensively used only Oliveboard Mock Test Series for both prelims and mains. Analyze mocks properly after giving them for continuous improvement.
Note: Revise all the GK questions from mocks a day before mains exam. At least 6-7 GK questions were directly repeated from the Oliveboard Mock Test Series.”
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series
- IBPS PO Cracker – Enroll Now and get a Huge Discount
- Enroll for IBPS RRB Cracker Course for 2019 Officer and Assistant Exam preparation
- Preparing for EPFO SSA Exam? Attempt a Free Test here
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test
- Start Preparing for RBI Grade B 2019 Exam with a FREE Mock Test