With less than 5 days to go for the SEBI 2018 Phase 1 exam, all your focus should be on the revision of all the SEBI 218 Study Materials. Keeping the same in mind we have created this SEBI General Awareness Notes blog to help you revise all the Economy current Affairs for the month of October 2018 which are important for the SEBI 2018 Phase 1 Exam.
SEBI General Awareness Notes – October: Important Economic News
1) the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has eased the promoter stake lock-in norm by giving them a 1-year exemption. This move would allow Bandhan Bank Ltd to comply with the RBI norms of promotor shareholding limit to 40%. In this period Bandhan Bank will work to reduce its promoters holding from the current 82.28%.
2) International Finance Corporation (IFC), to fund its investment activities in India has launched a masala bond programme of $1 billion dollars value. IFC is a part of the World Bank Group.
Follow your SEBI General Awareness notes revision with a mock test for best results
3) Govt. of India has launched the Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme 2018 -19 in consultation with RBI. As per the scheme, GOI will issue Sovereign Gold Bonds (2018-19) every month from October 2018 to February 2019. The bond tenor would be 8 years and the maximum limit will be 20 Kg for trusts and 4 Kg for individual/HUF.
4) According to the latest report published by Lloyd’s of London, India has second highest insurance gap of $27 bn and is only behind China. The insurance gap (Underinsurance) in China is over $76 billion. In 2018, $162.5 billion is the value of the Global insurance gap.
How well have you revised your SEBI General Awareness notes, take a mock test to check.
5) The value of Indian Forex reserves is reduced by $5.14 bn and is currently standing at $394.465 billion. The steep fall is attributed to the continuing decrease in the value of rupee with respect to US dollar.
6) The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has in its latest forecast report has projected a growth rate of 7.3% for India for the year 2018. For 2019, the projected growth rate for India is 7.4%. India’s growth rate in 2017 was 6.7% which was behind China by 0.2%. China was the fastest growing economy in 2017 with a 6.9% annual growth.
7) As per the latest Direct Taxes collections report, the total Gross direct tax collection has increased by 16.7%. As a result, the total value of Gross direct tax collection for 2018 is 5.47 lakh crore rupees. The increase in Net Direct Tax collections is 14 per cent taking the total value to 4.44 lakh crore rupees for 2018. The value of Advance Tax collections stood at 2.10 lakh crore.
8) As per the Annual Nation Brands report released by Brand Finance’s, with a brand value of $2,159 billion, India is ranked 9th most valuable nation brand in the world. The report measures the nations’ brand value based on the country’s image & economy. USA was ranked First followed by China, Germany, UK respectively.
Solve Questions on SEBI General Awareness Notes.
That is all from us in this SEBI General Awareness Notes blog on Economy Current Affairs for October 2018. We hope you liked reading the information provided above and it is a useful addition to your revision notes for the SEBI 2018 Phase 1 Exam. All the best.
- Join EDGE Pro Course for Bank Exams – Get personal mentoring by experts
- IBPS PO 2020 Mock Tests – Attempt a Free Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB PO Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB Assistant Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- Guarantee your success in 2020 with SBI PO Titan Course + 30 Full length SBI PO mock tests
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here