Current Affairs Questions are usually the major chunk of the General Awareness Section of various Bank and Government Exams. As a result, Current Affairs Preparation is a very important part of any Bank and Government Exams preparation strategy. To help you with your current affairs preparation we have compiled together all the important Sports Current Affairs from the month of November 2018.
Important Sports Current affairs – November 2018
1) The 14th edition of the International Hockey Federation Men’s Hockey World Cup is being hosted by India. It is held at Bhubaneswar, Odisha. It will be played from is scheduled from November 28 to December 16.
2) Pankaj Advani – India’s no. 1 cueist has won 3rd straight IBSF billiards crown in the 150-up format. This was his 20th world title of this tournament. He defeated Nay Thway Oo of Myanmar in the final.
Solve More Questions on Sports Current Affairs in our FREE MOCK TEST
3) Marc Marquez won the Malaysia Grand Prix 2018 title. This was his 9th win of the 2018 MotoGP season. Valentino Rossi was leading the race but crashed just four laps before the finish line, eventually finished second.
4) The seventh Women’s Hockey Champions Trophy was won by Netherlands after defeating Australia at the Wujin Hockey Stadium.
5) 35-year old M C Mary Kom defeated Ukraine’s Hanna Okhota with a unanimous 5-0 result to win her 6th gold medal (48kg Category) at the Women’s World Championships and become most successful Women Boxer in the history.
6) The Abu Dhabi Grand Prix was won by Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) at Yas Marina Circuit. He was followed in the Podium by Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel and Max Verstappen of Red Bull for the second and third position respectively. The was Hamilton’s 11th win of the 2018 season.
7) Sameer Verma defended his Syed Modi International title by defeating China’s Lu Guangzu in the final. Verma is currently ranked 16 in the world in Men’s Singles category. Saina Nehwal was the runner in Women’s singles after she was defeated by China’s Han Yue.
8) The 2018 World ATP Finals was won by Alexander Zverev of Russia. By defeating world number one Novak Djokovic in straight sets in the Final he becomes the first player to defeat both Djokovic and Federer at the same ATP Finals Event.
9) Bajrang Punia the Ace Indian wrestler has been ranked no. 1 in the world in the 65kg category. Punia has won 5 medals which includes Gold medals at CWG & Asian Games. Pooja Dhanda, who became the 4th Indian woman to win a World Championship medal, is ranked 6th in the women’s 57kg.
10) Harmanpreet Kaur the captain of Indian Women’s T20 team became the first ever Indian woman to score a century in T20 Internationals. She scored the century in the first group game of the Women’s T20 world cup tournament against New Zealand. She scored a 51-ball 103 which included 7 fours & 8 sixes.
11) Angad Vir Singh Bajwa became the first Indian skeet shooter to win a continental/world level event after shooting 60 out of 60 in the men’s skeet final at the 8th Asian Shotgun Championship, Kuwait. He overcame the challenge of China’s Di Jin in the Final who shot 58.
That is all from us in this blog – Top Sports Current Affairs – November 2018. We hope you liked reading all the important sports news provided above and would find it useful for your overall General Awareness preparation, especially for IBPS Clerk Main Exam and NIACL AO 2018 Exam. All the Best.
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Online Course + Test Series: Join Now
- Attempt SBI PO Free Mock Test for Prelims now
- IB ACIO 2020 – 2000 Vacancies – Start Preparing a Free Mock Test now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now
- ECGC PO 2021 – Kickstart your preparation with a Free Mock Test
- Crack All IBPS Exams – Join Mega Banking Online Course Now