The SSC CGL 2018 Tier 1 Exam for SSC CGL 2018 Recruitment would be held from 25th July to 20th August 2018. To help you with the SSC CGL preparation and to make it more structured and systematic we bring to you this SSC CGL Study Plan on How to Crack 2018 Tier 1 Exam in 60 days in your first attempt without coaching.
SSC CGL 2018 official Notification – Click to view and download the SSC CGL 2018 official notification.
SSC CGL Recruitment 2018 Exam: Important Dates
(Tentative Dates Based on SSC 2018 Exam Calendar)
Online Registration Starts: 05.05.2018
Online Registration Ends: 04.06.2018
Date of Computer Based Examination (SSC CGL 2018 Tier-I Exam): 25.07.2018-20.08.2018
Date of SSC CGL 2018 Tier-II Exam: To be notified later
Date of SSC CGL 2018 Tier-III Exam (Descriptive): To be notified later
Date of SSC CGL 2018 Tier-IV Exam (Skill test)- To be notified later
SSC CGL 2018 Tier -I Exam Pattern
SSC CGL 2018 Tier -I – Computer Based Examination
|General Intelligence Reasoning||25||50||60 Minutes|
SSC CGL Study Plan 2018: Tier -I Exam Syllabus
General Intelligence & Reasoning for SSC CGL 2018 Exam: It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type.
This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, spatial orientation, problem solving, analysis, judgement, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning etc.
The topics are: Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Figural Analogy, Semantic Classification, Symbolic/Number Classification, Figural Classification, Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series, Problem Solving, Word Building, Coding & de-coding, Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations, Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization, Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences, Punched hole/pattern –folding & un-folding, Figural Pattern – folding and completion, Indexing, Address matching, Date & city matching, Classification of centre codes/roll numbers, Small & Capital letters/numbers coding, decoding and classification, Embedded Figures, Critical thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence.
General Awareness for SSC CGL 2018 Exam: Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidates’ general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society.
Test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every-day observations.
The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Policy & Scientific Research.
Quantitative Aptitude for SSC CGL 2018 Exam: The questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate.
Ratio & Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Alligation, Time and distance, Time & Work, Basic algebra, Surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangles, Circles, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons , Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances.
Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart
English Comprehension for SSC CGL 2018 Exam: Candidates’ ability to understand correct English, his basic comprehension and writing ability, etc. would be tested. The questions in Parts A, B, & D will be of a level commensurate with the essential qualification viz. Graduation and questions in Part C will be of 10th standard level.
SSC CGL Study Plan 2018: How to crack Tier -I Exam in 60 days (Part 1)
SSC CGL Study Plan 2018: How to crack Tier -I Exam in 60 days (Part 2)
Note** for working professionals, please put in at least an hour every day as per the SSC CGL Study Plan and try and cover the backlog on weekends as much as possible. Yes, it would be difficult, but as they say “No Pain, No Gain”
Book List for SSC CGL Study Plan 2018 for Exam Preparation to crack it in First Attempt without Coaching
- NCERT 6th to 10th Std
- Lucent’s GK
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive exams by R.S. Agarwal
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma
- A new Approach to Reasoning: Verbal and Non-Verbal by BS Sijwali & Indu Sijwali
- Objective General English by SP Bakshi
- Daily Newspaper – Indian Express, Hindu, Hindustan Times etc
SSC CGL Study Plan 2018 Tier -I Things to remember while Preparation.
- Do not waste time on social media and other distractions from mobile or internet while you are on the SSC CGL Study Schedule.
- Prepare short, to the point notes on the topic you are studying. These notes can be used while doing your revision session of the SSC CGL Study Plan.
- Follow the book list mentioned above in the SSC CGL Study Plan as it would cover everything you need, and you can always refer online sources like https://www.oliveboard.in/blog
- For Quant and reasoning sections of the SSC CGL Study Plan 2018, first prepare basics of the concepts, and then when you are good with the concepts, practise questions going from easy to difficult. It will give you confidence as you go on successfully solving questions.
- Adhere to the Timetable of the SSC CGL Study Plan 2018 strictly.
- Disconnect yourself from the outer world (Friends, outings, movies, games, etc.) while you are preparing as per SSC CGL Study Plan 2018 to crack the Exam without coaching.
- While giving mock tests in SSC CGL Study Plan 2018, you must adhere to the timeline (2hrs) and do not exceed it. This will help your mental preparation for the actual SSC CGL 2018 exam day.
So, Friends This is your 60 days SSC CGL Study plan 2018 for Exam preparation. Following it with discipline it will definitely increase your chances to crack the SSC CGL 2018 Exam in the first attempt without coaching.
We hope you Liked this blog “SSC CGL Study Plan 2018 – How to crack the exam in 60 days ”
All the best for SSC CGL 2018 Exam